Pfizer (PFE)

Hola,

yo la tengo a 30,2 pero pocas, y si baja de 30 ampliaré.

Pfizer gana en 2016 un 4% más que en 2015:

https://www.elconfidencial.com/ultima-hora-en-vivo/2017-01-31/pfizer-gano-7-215-millones-de-dolares-en-2016-un-4-mas_1126996/

Excelente artículo sobre Pfizer en Seeking Alpha.

Pfizer:a fairly valued blue-chip dividend stock with a 4% yield.
Pfizer produces more cumulative dividend income than the average company.

Pfizer: Crohn’s disease drug similar to remicade

Cercle Finance - Pfizer said on Monday that a new treatment against Crohn’s disease had showed similar efficacy and safety compared to Merck’s blockbuster drug Remicade.

In a randomised 54-week clinical trial on 214 patients, Inflectra showed a fall of at least 70 points in the Crohn’s disease activity index (CDAI-70), a well-established assessment of treatment response.

The study hence met its primary end point, demonstrating that Inflectra had similar effects to Remicade in the treatment of Crohn’s disease, thereby meeting the criterion for non-inferiority.

The response rates, 71.4% for Inflectra and 75.2% for Remicade, were not ‘statistically significantly different,’ Pfizer added.

Resultados del 1erQ 2017 de Pfizer:

• Beneficio neto atribuido: 3.121 millones de dólares (+3%).
  • Cifra de negocio: 12.779 millones de dólares (-2%).

Demanda de Pfizer a Johnson & Johnson por impedir la competencia de su medicamento Remicade al conseguir que no se ofrezca la versión de Pfizer, que es más barato.

https://www.efeempresas.com/noticia/pfizer-inc-pfe-presento-el-miercoles-una-demanda-contra-johnson-johnson-jnj-alegando-que-la-multinacional-estadounidense-ha-impedido-la-competencia-de-su-medicamento-biosimilar-para-la-ar/

Esto tiene implicaciones muy profundas. Es por cómo funcionan los descuentos a quienes proveen los medicamentos. Las nuevas opciones tienen complicado entrar porque J&J (o el que tenga la posición dominante) amenaza con quitar esos descuentos si permite la entrada a precios muchos más reducidos de la competencia. Esto lo puede hacer porque hay muchos pacientes que no van a cambiar de medicamento y otros que no pueden y al final le sale más barato al distribuidor que vender el medicamento más barato.

Por esto mismo hay CEOs de empresas farmacéuticas que han dicho que aunque ofreciera su medicamento a 0 seguiría sin venderse en determinado canal.

Habrá que ver el impacto sobre futuros dividendos

Pfizer To Acquire Array Biopharma

This morning, pharmaceutical giant Pfizer (PFE) announced the proposed acquisition of Array BioPharma. The acquisition price if $48 per Array share in cash, which represents a total enterprise value of approximately $11.4 billion. The transaction has been approved by the Boards of Directors of each company.

Array Biopharma is a commercial-stage biopharmactuical company focused on the discovery, development, and commercialization of small-molecule medicines to treat cancer and other diseases of “high unmet need”. The company’s portfolio includes “the approved combined use of BRAFTOVI® (encorafenib) and MEKTOVI® (binimetinib) for the treatment of BRAFV600E or BRAFV600K mutant unresectable or metastatic melanoma. The combination therapy has significant potential for long-term growth via expansion into additional areas of unmet need and is currently being investigated in over 30 clinical trials across several solid tumor indications, including the Phase 3 BEACON trial in BRAFmutant metastatic colorectal cancer (mCRC).”

Here’s what Pfizer’s Chief Executive Officer, Albert Bourla, had to say about the acquisition in this morning’s press release:

“Today’s announcement reinforces our commitment to deploy our capital to bring breakthroughs that change patients’ lives while creating shareholder value. The proposed acquisition of Array strengthens our innovative biopharmaceutical business, is expected to enhance its long-term growth trajectory, and sets the stage to create a potentially industry-leading franchise for colorectal cancer alongside Pfizer’s existing expertise in breast and prostate cancers.”

Upon the transaction’s close, Array’s employees will join Pfizer and will continue to be located in the company’s current hubs:

• Cambridge, Massachusetts
  • Morrisville, North Carolina
  • Boulder, Colorado
  • La Jolla, California
  • Pearl River, New York

Pfizer is expected to finance the majority of the transaction’s price with debt and the balance with existing cash. In the near-term, the transaction is anticipated to be dilutive to the company’s financial results, with the following schedule included in the press release:

• $0.04-$0.05 dilutive in 2019
  • $0.04-$0.05 dilutive in 2020
  • Neutral in 2021
  • Accretive beginning in 2022

Overall, the transaction appears to be positive for Pfizer in the long run, although it will have a temporarily negative impact on the company’s financial results.

5 Me gusta

La verdad es que está compra a Pfizer no le va a suponer ni un resfriado.

1 me gusta

Nota de Morningstar:

Pfizer’s announced acquisition of Array adds several well-positioned drugs, but we don’t expect any major changes to our fair value estimate, and we continue to view Pfizer as undervalued. Strategically, Array brings Pfizer several solid marketed and pipeline drugs with a focus in oncology and rare diseases, where pricing power is typically very strong. Overall, adding Array’s drugs to Pfizer’s portfolio should reinforce its wide moat.

3 Me gusta

Es como decia, esa compra de 11000M Pfizer ni se va a enterar. A ver si le da nuevos bríos y se anima.

2 Me gusta

Estoy deseando realizar mi primera entrada en este empresón, pero me cuesta hacerlo por encima de 40$. Esperaremos pacientemente

3 Me gusta

Ya caerá. Unos malos resultados o la caída de un producto en fase de investigación le hará bajar.

Ejemplo de ayer, BMY - 7,5%

1 me gusta

Ojalá sea así. No la seguía cuando estaba a 35$ y ahora parece que se va animando la cotización

1 me gusta

Yo la compré hace tiempo cuando estaba sobre 32 y la vendí sobre 40. Posteriormente volví a entrar a 38.

Pfizer no es la mejor farma DGI pero si la número 1 y si quieres tener exposición a farma has de tenerla.

2 Me gusta

Ahora mismo tengo dos pequeñas posiciones en Abbvie y J&J. Seria mi tercera pharma

3 Me gusta

Yo, además de ABBV, estoy en JJ, BMY, GILD y PFE.

Si algún día bajan entraría en MDT y ABT

1 me gusta

Parece que la compra-fusión se le esta indigestando algo.

Comienza a ponerse interesante.

Yo llevaba tiempo esperándola a menos de 42, así que hoy no he podido resistirme. Entro a 38,94$

1 me gusta

Me pasa exactamente lo mismo. He realizado una primera entrada al 39$

1 me gusta