A.O. Smith (AOS)

Y viendo que la cotización cae…

A. O. Smith Increases 2019 Share Repurchase Program by 50 Percent to $300 Million

On June 2, 2019, the Board of Directors of A. O. Smith Corporation (NYSE-AOS) approved adding 3,000,000 shares of common stock to an existing discretionary share repurchase authority. Including the additional shares, the Company has 7,550,753 shares remaining on the board share repurchase authority. The Company increased the amount of its 2019 planned Rule 10b5-1 automatic trading plan and opportunistic share repurchase program from its previously stated $200 million to $300 million, depending on factors such as stock price, working capital requirements and alternative investment opportunities.

“With our cash position, strong balance sheet and confidence in our global business, we are increasing our 2019 share repurchase program by 50 percent to $300 million,” noted Kevin J. Wheeler, president and chief executive officer.

2 Me gusta

Esta en mi radar y cerquita de minimos de 52 semanas pero el 2,13% de RPD es muy bajo para mi, ahora bien, el 22% de incremento de dividendo que tuvo en Noviembre habria que ver si es sostenible.

Perdonad mi ignorancia, ¿pero a qué se dedica esa empresa? ¿Calientan agua? ¿Cómo? No conozco ninguna de las marcas que vienen en su web.

Saludos.

1 me gusta

A. O. Smith Corporation (AOS) manufactures and markets residential and commercial gas and electric water heaters, boilers, and water treatment products in North America, China, Europe, and India. The company is a dividend champion with a 25 year history of annual dividend increases.

Hace unos días leía el siguiente análisis de la compañía:

"The company has reduced the number of shares outstanding by a little bit over the past decade, taking them from 182 million in 2008 to 172 million in 2018. It would be amazing if A.O. Smith
takes advantage of the plunge in the company’s share price, and buys back a decent chunk of stock. This will make our ownership slices of the company higher."

Poco más que decir, lo han clavado

4 Me gusta

Explicacion de Wikipedia

2 Me gusta

Pedazo de empresa

1 me gusta

Excelente compañía, compro cada vez que puedo en su drip plan sin comisiones.

1 me gusta

Y como lo haces?

Yo voy construyendo posicion en las caidas que va teniendo

Ya es el 0.8% de mi cartera !!

La compre antes que Terry Smith

Siempre es bueno seguir aprendiendo

1 me gusta

Estos son los valores de Fundsmith a fecha 31/03/2019

2 Me gusta

Los pequeñitos son los de Smithson y los grandulones los de Fundsmith

Lo hago a traves del transfer agent de ellos ( https://shareowneronline.equiniti.com). Compre 1 accion con mi broker (TD Ameritrade) y se la envie al transfer agent. AOS tiene un plan que es gratis y puedes invertir desde $25 dolares al mes, es una manera excelente de construir posiciones en compañias solidas a traves del tiempo!

1 me gusta

Con eso quieres decir que la tienes depositada en el transfer agent?

Correcto. Voy construyendo la posicion en el transfer agent y cuando sea lo suficientemente grande, la muevo al broker.

Otra cosa que me obligaria a moverla antes de tiempo es si AOS comienza a cobrar fees por inversion o por reinvertir los divs como han hecho algunas compañias.

1 me gusta

A. O. Smith reports second quarter earnings of $0.61 per share (30/07/2019)

• Second quarter net earnings of $102.1 million or $0.61 per share on second quarter sales of $765.4 million. Earnings per share declined eight percent compared with second quarter 2018 earnings of $0.66 per share.
  • Sales in the quarter ended June 30 were eight percent lower compared with sales of $833.3 million during the same period in 2018.
  • During the first half of 2019, the Company repurchased approximately 2.8 million shares of common stock at a cost of $132.6 million. Approximately 6.3 million shares remained on the Company’s existing repurchase authority at the end of June.

2019 outlook
“We continue to see prolonged headwinds in the appliance market in China. As a result of weakness in consumer demand and recent communications with key customers in China indicating that they will scale back their purchases in the third quarter due to continued elevated channel inventory levels, our outlook for the back half of the year includes a year-over-year decline in China sales,” noted Wheeler. “We project full year China sales to be down between 16 and 17 percent year-over-year in local currency terms and 19 and 20 percent after a three percentage point currency headwind. As a result, we have revised our full year guidance to $2.35 to $2.41 earnings per share.”

1 me gusta

No me queda claro, lo sube o lo baja, imagino que lo baja por que la accion ha bajado.

A ver si baja 2 o 3 escalones mas para pillarla a una RPD un poco mas decente.

Lo han recortado, esto es lo que pronosticaban en la presentación de los resultados del primer trimestre:

" 2019 outlook

We have updated our 2019 earnings per share guidance to a range of $2.69 and $2.75 per share, with no change to the midpoint, which represents a four percent increase compared with our 2018 adjusted earnings per share."

Un saludo.

A. O. Smith increases quarterly dividend rate to $.24 per share (10/10/2019)

Milwaukee, Wis. — Directors of A. O. Smith Corporation (NYSE:AOS) today approved a 9 percent increase in the company’s quarterly cash dividend to $.24 per share. The dividend increase affects the company’s Common Stock and Class A Common Stock.

The dividend is payable on November 15 to shareholders of record October 31.

“A. O. Smith values its shareholders and works hard to ensure they are rewarded for investing in our company,” said Kevin Wheeler, president and chief executive officer. “We are proud to say the five-year compound annual growth rate of our dividend is more than 24 percent".

1 me gusta

¡Vaya pasada!

1 me gusta

Todavia esta cara … pero lleva estando cara desde 2010

5 Me gusta