Empresas disruptivas

NEW: THE VALUE LINE AGGRESSIVE GROWTH MODEL PORTFOLIO
Value Line is excited to introduce the new Aggressive Growth model portfolio! This group of stocks should be considered by actively-trading subscribers who are interested in obtaining market-beating returns over the near term, and are willing to accept the significant risks associated with many of the issues we will recommend. This is an actively managed, equal-weighted 20-stock portfolio. The Value Line Research Department will keep each stock under review and intends to update it before 9:30 a.m. Eastern time each Monday – holidays included.
After a multi-year run up in the markets, we think this is the time for investors who can afford to do so, to seek opportunities to add additional risk for the sake of gain. We see upcoming changes in the economic policies of Washington, and ultimately a solid economic recovery. Yet the world is not “out of the woods” regarding COVID-19, and the prices to buy good growth stocks are extended by most measures. Gains lie in picking the correct growth stocks, while understanding that many will become volatile, or disappoint relative to our projections.
Detailed information in regard to the Aggressive Growth Model Portfolio, including management details, the stock-selection process, and the initial 20 stocks that we are recommending can be found in our introductory presentation published in the Investment Research newsletter. We suggest that subscribers take a look, and stay informed with our weekly updates. CLICK HERE and complete the form to receive the introductory newsletter, free of charge.

GOOG, AMZN, AMP, CSGP, DG, DPZ, INFY, ISRG, KLAC, LCII, MED, MELI, MU, MSFT, NFLX, QDEL, ROL, CRM, UNH, WOR

4 Me gusta

https://twitter.com/JCOviedo6/status/1364383565719437315

1 me gusta

Vende “estabilidad” y compra “volatilidad”.
Bien jugado Cathie.
Cuidado…

3 Me gusta

Catie tiene los ovarios bien puestos, yo hago eso y tengo que ir con pañal 2 semanas

5 Me gusta

Venía a poner esto. De una cuenta que acabo de descubrir. Controla bastante las bios en las que está el ARKG.

https://twitter.com/A_May_MD/status/1365112787278704641?s=19

Aquí coincide con lo que comentaba unos días atrás de cómo veo el tema. Sigo algo sorprendido de que Chowder se metiera, no le leo últimamente y no sé si está aumentando, o si igual era solo para aprovechar la volatilidad de alguna manera.

https://twitter.com/A_May_MD/status/1364993726087651330?s=19

También puede que se me esté escapando algo, pero no lo veo muy posible. La única salida que hay es que siga entrando dinero, pero todo se acaba al final. Además pensaba que sería lista (o conservadora) y que aprovecharía para rotar a posiciones menos arriesgadas pero está haciendo lo contrario. Me parece gambling, pero yo soy un matado y no gano millones…

3 Me gusta

Más comentarios que he leído acerca de los fondos y un vídeo muy interesante:

One thing to keep in mind is that when she becomes a 10%+ owner, there are a ton of reporting and retention rules that come into play.

For example, buys cannot be sold for 6months - I don’t know exactly how this is determined - by lots, FIFO, or whatever or how transitioning back below 10% is handled

So it may help these concentrated positions if she has to sell something else for redemptions - or may hurt if she has 6mo+ old holdings she can dump to get out of the 10% restrictions

point is, in a volatile market she is going to have a bunch of needles to thread and outside hedge funds are going to be studying and modeling her hard spots - looking to break her shit if possible. If she gets trapped in some of these positions, there is no telling what the results might be - either in those stocks or liquid ones that gotta be cut to cover the restricted issues.

anyway - just realize that there is more to this bubbly brew than even the obvious bubble flows show.

I’m certainly no expert, that came from some posters who seem to be professionals

In researching the 6 month holding period, it looks kinda murky with many of the postings by lawyers and others citing grey areas - look at SEC section 16 and 144 rules if you want.

The point is that 10% plus owners are considered insiders who have fiduciary responsibilities beyond whipping shares around - one reason you almost never see something like ARK taking on such a position - these involve reporting and anti-manipulation rules to try to prevent self dealing or imposing risk on other owners (leverage/borrowing rules against shares).

one other topic that has come up about ARK is that Cathie does not appear to have any risk management officer to police what is going on - she prides herself on not hiring experts (she has no medical people on board either it appears) - hearsay ? I don’t know for sure, but it is clear the believers are there for one reason - its been going up, who cares about anything else?

Y lo que comentaba también sobre la salida de las empresas que controla más de un 10%:

The great irony of her fund is all those 10% ownerships. As noted in other posts she’s had some huge outflows recently. At some point she will need to sell something just to redeem those outflows. As a 10% owner in at least 25 different stocks at some point those will get sold. She will have a matter of days to file a new 13G on those sales. When that hits the wires everyone else will begin selling and she will lose her butt trying to cover her redemptions. I fear “crash and burn” is the way she ends.

El vídeo:

Por cierto, no tengo nada contra el fondo o la amiga. Solo es que sé que hay gente que se ha metido y es mejor que tengan toda la información para hacer mejores decisiones (y porque creo que hay más probabilidades de que se pierda dinero a estas alturas que que se gane).

4 Me gusta

Acerca de SBE.

Disruptive Innovation - High Growth- @Chowder

"The merger between SBE and ChargePoint has been approved and the new company starts trading on Monday.Today the price is down 14% as people sold the news. I will now place orders to buy more SBE as I want to own ChargePoint going forward.The ticker symbol on Monday will become CHPT.

[…]

I am not suggesting that others do as I did but I didn’t buy SBE for short term gains, I purchased SBE to hold and add to over the next 10 years.
I was down on SBE just like you, but now that I know on Monday it starts trading as CHPT, the point I had been waiting for, I went and added more yesterday, a lot more than what I was already holding. I purchased it when it was down 14% on the day.
I didn’t buy this for what it will do over the next 3-6 months, it’s a long term hold for me. You need to decide what it is you want SBE to do for you and then determine whether it can do that or not.
Did you buy the SPAC to benefit from what you thought would be a profitable trade, hoping to sell when the merger was complete? Or, did you buy the SPAC in anticipation on holding the merging company once the merger was complete. If you know the answer to that, you know what your decision should be, and it has nothing to do with whether one is up or down on price"

1 me gusta

Michael Burry esta on fire

4 Me gusta

Es aún peor, las posiciones están copiadas por Nikko (ver hilo):

https://twitter.com/BradMunchen/status/1366028953828270082

2 Me gusta

Teladoc, Unity Software y DraftKings son las ganadoras.

ARKG de las que más sufre. Estaba bastante claro con las valoraciones que tenían las empresas y con cómo es Wall Street. Porque la amiga muestra todas las operaciones a diario. Y eso no gusta. Porque les ha dado una soberana paliza a todos. Y eso gusta mucho menos. Ya han olido la sangre, irán a degüello. Igual que contra los WSB y el retail que se ha apalancado. Les van a quitar hasta los empastes.

El dinero siempre se venga.

https://twitter.com/TESLAcharts/status/1368092099791515649

Lo que está haciendo es una huida hacia delante. Si la gente no retirara el dinero de los fondos le podría salir medio bien, pero es una apuesta que yo no haría. Eso sí, cuando la escabechina acabe podría ser una buena inversión. Pero aún le queda.

6 Me gusta

A ver como le va a Catie Wood, va a tener que tener mucho cash para poder mantener sus convicciones

1 me gusta

Healthy correction de 20-30%

Ayer Cathie subió video hablando de todo esto, a parte de lo habitual.

Ni buena ni mala espina. Es la venta, ese engominado sin serlo. Entiendo que tienen que captar fondos y generar confianza, pero no se. Escuchandola me intenta vender algo sin mucha argumentación.
Me hago viejo, pero un Munger o Gekko en la oscuridad de su despacho y hablando solo por sus reports y alguna conference call me parece más serio que esta nueva hornada de marketing constante.

De un obviamente corto a 4Marzo:

4 Me gusta

Pienso igual. Todo narrativa, mucho márketing. Lo que realmente oigo es: no saques tu dinero que está todo bajo control y vamos a crecer un gritón de dólares al año.

Creo que va a haber suerte y de momento no le va a pillar un bear market, porque entonces sí lo iba a flipar.

Las empresas del ARKG no están aún baratas. Pero esta semana que viene van a rebotar y creo que con violencia. Le debería ayudar a achicar el agua.

Edito: ese Keubiko sabe mucho. Le he leído algún hilo en Twitter y controla de verdad.

3 Me gusta

Pues al amparo de las empresas disruptivas me pille el fondo: CPR Invest - Global Disruptive Opportunities AE-C y lo tengo aaa -5,03% esto ni “disrumpe” ni ná! :sob:

:rofl: :rofl:

Charlie Munger hace 5 días en la reunión anual de American Journal Corporation en Los Ángeles cuando se le preguntó qué pensaba sobre SPAC

“La banca de inversión venderá mierda siempre que la mierda se pueda vender”. Charlie Munger.

12 Me gusta

Bueno, como parece que gustó, os cuelgo mi cartera YOLO actualizada a cierre de hoy, para que no se diga que sólo la pongo cuando sube, jajaja!

Como se puede ver desde la última actualización he vendido bastantes posiciones que ya parecían que no iban a subir más para hacer caja y comprar otras que parecían más prometedoras. Me guardo de todas maneras efectivo para lo que vaya viendo interesante (growth o no).

Casi todas mis acciones YOLO rojean bastante menos PLTR con un 12% y CTHR con el 9%. SNOW, AQUA y PSNL ya ibran un poco tocadas antes de las caídas del growth así que aún han ahondado más en su caída.

En cambio, las clásicas acciones dividinderas andan por todo lo alto de la tabla en contraposición. De momento no voy a tocar nada a ver como evoluciona la cosa.

Un saludo.

6 Me gusta

SNOW ha vuelto al precio de salida, un viaje de -50%

2 Me gusta

6 Me gusta