Intel (INTC)

Intel compra la fabricante de sistemas de cámara para los sistemas de conducción semiautomática Mobileye por 14.335 millones, con lo que pagará una prima del 34% sobre su precio de cierre del viernes.

https://www.efeempresas.com/noticia/intel-compra-mobileye-por-15-300-millones-de-dolares/

Compra cara pero el mercado no la ha penalizado demasiado, veremos a ver q aporta la nueva empresa.

Vídeo sobre Intel:

Si alguien tiene pensado entrar, ojo. Ayer revelaron un fallo grave de diseño que afecta a todos sus procesadores desde los 90. De los dos tipos de fallo encontrado, uno no afecta a los AMD, y la única solución a este es ralentizar el procesador (hasta un 30% se habla).

Intel sacó un comunicado de prensa muy cuestionable con medias verdades e incluso mentiras.

Pues habrá que ver como reacciona el mercado, tras una buena bajada ayer, al final de la sesión recuperó y perdió menos de un 4%

Veremos hoy como abre tras saberse más del problema :frowning:

Si alguien quiere leer más sobre el tema, un artículo que no está mal:

Y un comentario del mismo, que con las reservas que hay que tener siempre en Internet, no me extrañaría que fuera cierto:

Why Are It Consulting Firm will not be Recommending INTEL Anymore?

I am not a fan boy on either side I hold stock on both companies we have worked with both INTEL and AMD, but the facts remain that INTEL covered this up for a long time. And this does not inspire confidence or trust in customers or IT professionals that recommend, install and build computers and servers. Many business owners we support have come to us and asked questions like “What else are they not telling us”? “Why did they wait so long to tell us”? “How many other problems are we going to have down the road if we stay with INTEL”? “What else are they lying about”? And the questions go on and on. And our answer is We don’t know.

On the surface is seems that greed has played a big part, removing security features to obtain more speed out of their chips to enable them to justifying charging more for their product. Never the less or what all the reasons are the big question is can you trust them going down the road? Can we be sure that profit will not be put ahead of the customers security? If now and the past is any indication of what is in the future we would have to say no!

As a consulting firm and computer shop we do not feel that we can continue to recommend INTEL products based on the current architecture Intel’s chips are built on. Patches in the short term are a short-term fix but not a long term one. And patches can be hacked as well. The only Real fix to this is a complete new architecture for Intel chips, which will take years to develop. Our Customers liability is here and now, and they are not willing to put their companies on the line with possible lawsuits due to this flaw that could have their customers personal data stolen.
We are Tech company that builds in installs servers on contract with Companies like Microsoft. In the last two days we have signed long term contracts to start building and deploying AMD Epic servers for Microsoft. This happening all over the tech world. And with many It consulting companies all in the last 72 hours. We have also have received request to cancel rollouts of systems involving Intel processor chips on both the desktop and server levels. And customers have said they now want to renegotiate new roll outs with AMD equipment. We feel that we will be seeing much more of this in the coming days and months.

I know that my company and many others I have talked to in the tech world that build computers, servers, and recommend to customers all the equipment are saying the same thing, we are not going to recommend Intel to anyone, Why? We are selves do not want to ruin our reputation with our customers, or take on any type of liability due to this. Why would we?

We think the writing is on the wall, and we think the INTEL CEO knew it too when he sold so many shares of stock.
Going forward at this time we can only recommend AMD EPIC server chips with their Secure Memory Encryption technology on board, for additional protection against just these sorts of threats. Since this nullifies any security issues without reduction in performance.

Will this affect Intel as a company? Short term probably not. Long term well that will be hard to say. But what is known is Intel has lost its trust with many customers as well as its reputation. And a lot less Intel products will be sold. So for now we feel it would be wrong to recommend Intel.

Hoy me ha llegado este mensaje de uno de los servidores que tengo:

This message is to all OpenVZ virtual server customers. As you may be aware, hardware-level bugs (Meltdown and Spectre - https://spectreattack.com) have recently been published which impact almost all Intel processors. We are in the process of applying software updates to our OpenVZ host nodes in order to patch these vulnerabilities. However, all host nodes must be rebooted for the changes to take effect. Due to the severity of these vulnerabilities, we will be performing emergency reboots as soon as possible today, likely around 5 PM eastern (GMT -5). If that changes, we will post an update on @NodeStatus on Twitter.

Please note the following:

• We cannot promise what time any particular host will be rebooted. Not all nodes will be rebooted at once. It may be several hours after we begin when your specific node reboots. We plan to start with our Netherlands and east coast US servers (ATL / NYC), then move to the west coast (SEA / LA).
  • You do not need to take action on your end. Our host level reboots will apply the necessary patches.
  • Most nodes will only take a few minutes to reboot. However, HDD nodes (CVZ) will take longer due to size and I/O constraints. We hope to keep reboots under 30 minutes for these servers, but it will take some time for containers to shutdown and reboot cleanly.
  • Because these patches are software fixes for hardware problems, there may be some performance degradation after they are applied. We will monitor and do our best to prevent significant decreases in the performance you’ve come to expect from RamNode. There may be future updates to address these potential performance issues.

Dejo estas dos noticias para quien no tenga ni papa, pueda entender hasta que punto es grave el problema:

Hola compañeros,

Qué pensáis del artículo que indico a continuación? Creéis que podría ser un factor importante a tener en cuenta a la hora de invertir en esta gran empresa?

Investing Beyond Flash And DRAM

Un saludo!

En ese articulo hablan de un partnership con un producto que no esta acabado, no lo veo TAN relevante, la verdad.

Despues de la presentacion de resultados el dia 25, baja mas de un 10%.

Empieza a ponerse a tiro?

Su RPD sigue por debajo del 3% pero esto podria cambiar si sigue asi.

La dejo en observacion

Sigue para abajo. Desde máximos ya ha caído un 25%. Como el mercado usa acompañe se puede ir muy abajo… Candidata fuerte para la próxima compra

2 Me gusta

Y pensar q la tuve a 24, fue de mis primeras compras en USA, se paso bastante tiempo estancada y cuando despego vendi.

Ahora tiene un yield de un 2,5%, muy bajo para el limite q tengo puesto.

Me he marcado un precio de 35 para entrar otra vez. Todo el 2017 estuvo rondando por ahi asi q parece un buen soporte.

1 me gusta

Intel reports second quater 2019 financial results (25/07/2019)

• Second-quarter revenue of $16.5 billion, down 3% year-over-year (YoY), exceeded April guidance. IOTG achieved record revenue. Data-centric revenue declined 7 percent; PC-centric revenue grew 1 percent YoY.
  • Second-quarter earnings-per-share (EPS) exceeded April guidance. GAAP EPS of $0.92 declined 12 percent YoY; non-GAAP EPS of $1.06 was up 2 percent.
  • Announced an agreement for Apple to acquire the majority of Intel’s smartphone modem business1.
  • Raising full-year revenue outlook to $69.5 billion, up $500 million from April guidance. Now expecting full-year GAAP EPS of $4.10 and raising full-year non-GAAP EPS outlook to $4.40.
1 me gusta

Intel reports third quarter 2019 financial results (24/10/2019)

• Third-quarter revenue of $19.2 billion set a new record and exceeded July guidance, driven by record data-centric revenue*, which grew 6 percent year-over-year (YoY). PC-centric revenue declined 5 percent YoY, consistent with guidance.
  • Third-quarter earnings-per-share (EPS) exceeded July guidance. GAAP EPS of $1.35 declined 2 percent YoY; non-GAAP EPS of $1.42 was up 1 percent.
  • Year-to-date, Intel has generated a record $23.3 billion cash from operations, generated $11.7 billion of free cash flow and returned approximately $14.3 billion to shareholders.
  • Raising full-year revenue outlook to $71 billion, up $1.5 billion from July guidance. Now expecting full-year GAAP EPS of $4.42 and raising full-year non-GAAP EPS outlook to $4.60.

Si han comprado tantas por algo será?

Y yo sin cash.

2 Me gusta

A mi me gusta mucho también pero no veo un buen timing para entrar ahora. Habría que esperar una corrección…

1 me gusta

Fourth quarter 2019 financial results (23/01/2020)

https://s21.q4cdn.com/600692695/files/doc_financials/2019/Q4/Q4-2019_EarningsRelease.pdf

• Record Fourth-quarter revenue was $20.2 billion, up 8 percent year-over-year (YoY). Full-year revenue set an all-time record of $72.0 billion, up 2 percent YoY on data-centric growth.
  • Delivered outstanding fourth-quarter earnings per share (EPS) of $1.58 ($1.52 on a non-GAAP basis).
  • In 2019, Intel generated a record $33.1 billion cash from operations and $16.9 billion of free cash flow, and returned approximately $19.2 billion to shareholders.
  • Expecting record 2020 revenue of approximately $73.5 billion and first-quarter revenue of approximately $19.0 billion.
1 me gusta

Lleva una caída buena y he mirado sus fundamentales y dan gusto.

Deuda contenida, buenos márgenes y cotiza a per 12.31.

En dos años han reducido las acciones un 10% mediante recompra.

¿Alguien me hace un resumen rápido?

Me huele a que está infravalorada.

6 Me gusta

Yo alrededor de 53.68 (mm200) la compraría. Ahí justamente se frenó el otro día.

Saludos.

1 me gusta