Philip Morris (PM / PMI)

4 Me gusta
6 Me gusta

Que interesante muchas gracias. :slight_smile:

1 me gusta

https://seekingalpha.com/pr/18278090-philip-morris-international-inc-reports-strong-2021-first-quarter-reported-diluted-eps-of

2021 FIRST-QUARTER HIGHLIGHTS

• Reported diluted EPS of $1.55, up by 32.5%; up by 23.9%, excluding currency
  • Adjusted diluted EPS of $1.57, up by 29.8%; up by 21.5% on an organic basis
  • Cigarette and heated tobacco unit shipment volume down by 3.7% (reflecting cigarette shipment volume down by 7.3%, and heated tobacco unit shipment volume up by 29.9% to 21.7 billion units)
  • Market share for heated tobacco units in IQOS markets, excluding the U.S., up by 1.7 points to 7.6%
  • Net revenues up by 6.0%; up by 2.9% on an organic basis
  • Net revenues from smoke-free products accounted for 28.0% of total net revenues
  • Operating income up by 23.5%; up by 16.8%, excluding currency
  • Adjusted operating income up by 18.5% on an organic basis
  • Adjusted operating income margin of 46.0%, up by 5.9 points on an organic basis
  • Total IQOS users at quarter-end estimated at approximately 19.1 million, of which approximately 14.0 million have switched to IQOS and stopped smoking
  • During the quarter, PMI declared a regular quarterly dividend of $1.20 per common share, representing an annualized rate of $4.80

The revised full-year guidance reflects:

• Better underlying business performance driven by the strength of IQOS, particularly in the EU Region and Japan;
  • A favorable currency impact, at prevailing exchange rates, of approximately $0.20 per share, compared to approximately $0.25 per share previously; and
  • Asset impairment and exit costs of $0.02 per share resulting from product distribution restructuring in Korea and organizational design optimization.
3 Me gusta

https://www.elconfidencial.com/empresas/2021-05-12/entrevista-philip-morris-international_3070564/

2 Me gusta

Fijaos que gráfico de dividendos más bonito tiene PM.

17 Me gusta

PM, 7billones de recompras de acciones en los próximos 3 años y confirma el dividendo de 1,2$ por acción.

11 Me gusta

Y como les termine pitando bien el tema de los nuevos dispositivos sin humo, en los que a día de hoy son los que lideran, alguna alegría más podrán dar seguro.

Un saludo.

2 Me gusta
5 Me gusta
11 Me gusta

:thinking:…Al principio me estaba pareciendo la típica cantada de buscar la diversificación por falta de ideas de desarrollo dentro de tu propio negocio.

Pero luego he leído lo siguiente y ya me gusta más

chicles, bolsas, tabletas licuables y otros sistemas orales sólidos para la entrega de ingredientes activos, incluida la nicotina, donde es un productor líder. de soluciones de terapia de reemplazo de nicotina (NRT).

3 Me gusta

Vectura is a provider of innovative inhaled drug delivery solutions that enable partners to bring their medicines to patients. The company has thirteen key inhaled and eleven non inhaled products marketed by major global pharmaceutical partners, as well as a diverse portfolio of partnerships for drugs in clinical development. In 2020, Vectura generated net revenues of GBP 191 million (approximately USD 245 million4). The transaction value represents a multiple of around 14 times Vectura’s 2020 EBITDA.

With the acquisition of Vectura, PMI will:

• Gain access to differentiated proprietary technology and pharmaceutical development expertise to deliver a broad range of complex inhaled therapies.
  • Add highly complementary human capital, technology, high quality infrastructure, and deep know-how of inhalable formulation and device design development and analysis, drug/device combination, and pharmaceutical management processes and systems. The combination will fully leverage PMI’s existing capabilities in life sciences, product innovation, and clinical expertise.
  • Welcome an experienced management team—supported by more than 200 scientists in formulation, devices, inhalation, regulatory teams, and clinical manufacturing—that will help PMI accelerate the development of its healthcare and wellness operations.
  • Together with the announced agreement to acquire Fertin Pharma, have a comprehensive portfolio of development capabilities in place—covering innovative inhaled and oral product formulations—to fulfill its “Beyond Nicotine” ambitions, in line with its key sustainability priorities.
7 Me gusta

Con estas 2 recientes adquisiciones ( Vectura y Fertin Pharma) parecen tener unos directivos bien enfocados a los nuevos mercados.

4 Me gusta

Saludos. En Investing le dan un payout del 86,4%. Es cierto este dato?, me parece demasiado alto no?. Os parece ahora mismo buen precio para entrar?. Gracias.

1 me gusta

Dentro del sector tabaco la considero la de más calidad, rating S&P A, el yield en un 5% que es un poco más que su media de 5 años, no la veo cara, si bien en 2020 estuvo en 60 y tantos, Terry Smith también le gusta, se puede picotear.

7 Me gusta

https://philipmorrisinternational.gcs-web.com/static-files/6deb47ca-889f-49b5-85e3-0d855b37db3a

2021 Second-Quarter

• Reported diluted EPS of $1.39, up by 11.2%; up by 7.2%, excluding currency

• Adjusted diluted EPS of $1.57, up by 21.7%; up by 17.8% on an organic basis

• Cigarette and heated tobacco unit shipment volume up by 6.1% (reflecting cigarette shipment volume up by 3.2%, and heated tobacco unit shipment volume up by 30.2% to 24.4 billion units)

• Market share for heated tobacco units in IQOS markets, excluding the U.S., up by 1.4 points to 7.3%

• Net revenues up by 14.2%; up by 7.9%, excluding currency

• Adjusted net revenues up by 11.6% on an organic basis

• Net revenues from smoke-free products accounted for 29.0% of total adjusted net revenues

• Operating income up by 14.6%; up by 9.9%, excluding currency

• Adjusted operating income up by 18.7% on an organic basis

• Adjusted operating income margin of 44.1% up by 2.0 points; up by 2.7 points on an organic basis

• Total IQOS users at quarter-end estimated at approximately 20.1 million, of which approximately 14.7 million have switched to IQOS and stopped smoking

• New share repurchase program of up to $7 billion authorized, with target spending of $5 to $7 billion over a three-year period that will commence in the third quarter of 2021

• Regular quarterly dividend of $1.20 per common share declared, representing an annualized rate of $4.80

“IQOS continued its impressive growth, surpassing an estimated 20 million total users by quarter-end and driving sequential quarterly heated tobacco unit in-market sales volume growth of 8%. We expect this momentum to be bolstered by the launch of IQOS ILUMA, starting next month in Japan.”

“We are increasing our full-year adjusted outlook, with organic net revenue growth of 6% to 7% and adjusted diluted EPS growth of 12% to 14% on the same basis, mainly reflecting improved total industry volume. This outlook further supports our recently announced three-year share repurchase program of up to $7 billion.”

“In addition, the proposed acquisitions of Fertin Pharma and Vectura Group will reinforce our long-term growth potential in the beyond nicotine space.”

9 Me gusta

10 Me gusta

Parece que no han gustado mucho, cayendo un 4%

1 me gusta

Me prometí a mi mismo que no compraría más tabaco (en acciones :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:), ya llevo BATS y MO siendo 2 de mis mayores posiciones. A mí me parecen unos buenos resultados los de PM, y estoy tentado de entrar aprovechando la caída de hoy,

7 Me gusta