Realty Income (O)

Hola JaviMe,

Que me corrigan si me equivoco, pero creo que es muy común en los REITs la emisión de nuevas acciones para, con el capital obtenido, acometer nuevas inversiones. En principio no es malo si son capaces de obtener un retorno superior a la dilución que conlleva la emisión de las nuevas acciones. En el caso de O llevan 24 años incrementado el dividendo por acción, así que parece que saben lo que hacen….

Así es:

Because REITs are legally only allowed to retain a maximum of 10% of taxable earnings, they must use debt and sell additional shares to fund growth of their assets, such as acquiring new properties or improving existing ones.

This means that the balance sheet of REITs will naturally show higher debt levels than most other sectors of the market. In addition, the share count will tend to rise over time as management sells new shares to fund the company’s growth.

2017 Dividend Tax Treatment

76,78% Ordinary Income
21,68% Return Of Capital
1,54% Capital Gain

Interactive Brokers realizó la reclasificación del dividendo ayer mismo

La tengo en el radar aunque ahora está muy cara, retienen en origen el 15 o el 30%?

Saludos

Para los REITS el 15% En Interactive Brokers y Degiro, al menos.

1 me gusta

Resultados del primer trimestre de 2019:

Suele hacer más de un incremento anual del dividendo, pero el conjunto no es muy alto, no.

1 me gusta

Asi es, minusculo pero 2 veces al año y cobrando cada mes. Al lado de muchas europeas que tienes que esperar un año para cobrar y no tienes seguro el incremento de dividendo, O, pagando cada mes pone a tu disposicion de manera rapida cada mes, liquidez que puedes invertir de forma inmediata.

Yo tengo especial predileccion por los dividendos mensuales.

Y O, aparte de esto es una gran empresa, y el mejor REIT.

Lastima que lo vendi, con una muy buena plusvalia.Si se pusiera a tiro volveria a comprar sin dudarlo.

1 me gusta

Operating Results For Second Quarter And First Six Months Of 2019 (05/08/2019)

• Net income per share was $0.31
  • AFFO per share increased 2.5% to $0.82, compared to the quarter ended June 30, 2018
  • Invested $1.1 billion in 102 properties, bringing our investments year-to-date to over $1.6 billion, including £433.9 million (or approximately $549.2 million) related to our first international real estate investment in the United Kingdom
  • Raised $1.0 billion from the sale of common stock
  • Issued $500 million of senior unsecured notes due 2029 through a public offering, and £315 million in senior unsecured notes due 2034 through a private placement
3 Me gusta

La cartera que se adquiere de CMFT consta de 454 propiedades con aproximadamente 5.1 millones de pies cuadrados alquilables. Las propiedades en la cartera están actualmente arrendadas a 59 inquilinos diferentes en 20 industrias, con Texas y California representando a los dos principales estados por ingresos de alquiler proyectados para el período de doce meses a partir del 1 de julio de 2019, con 11.0% y 7.2%, respectivamente.

Se espera que la transacción se ejecute a una tasa de capitalización de efectivo aproximada del 7%, lo que resulta en un diferencial de inversión en relación con nuestro costo de capital promedio ponderado del primer año muy por encima del promedio histórico de la compañía. La cartera tiene un plazo de arrendamiento restante promedio ponderado de 9.7 años y genera el 58% de los ingresos totales por alquileres de compañías calificadas con grado de inversión o sus subsidiarias.

Saludos.

6 Me gusta

Results for the quarter ended September 30, 2019 (04/11/2019)

• Net income per share was $0.32
  • AFFO per share increased 2.5% to $0.83, compared to the quarter ended September 30, 2018
  • Invested $411.5 million in 51 properties and properties under development or expansion
  • Raised $572.4 million from the sale of common stock
  • Announced transaction to acquire 454 properties from CIM Real Estate Finance Trust, Inc. (“CMFT”) for approximately $1.25 billion in cash

2019 Earnings Guidance

• AFFO per share for 2019 of $3.29 to $3.34.
  • FFO per share for 2019 of $3.26 to $3.31.
2 Me gusta

4 Me gusta
  • Realty Income (NYSE:O) will be added to the S&P 500 Dividend Aristocrats index before the market open on Feb. 3, 2020.
  • The index is designed to measure the performance of S&P 500 companies that have increased dividends every year for the last 25 straight years.
7 Me gusta

Operating Results For Fourth Quarter And 2019 (19/02/2020)

For the year ended December 31, 2019 :

• Net income per share was $1.38
  • AFFO per share increased 4.1% to $3.32, compared to 2018
  • Invested $3.7 billion in 789 properties and properties under development or expansion, including $797.8 million in 18 properties in the United Kingdom (U.K.)
  • Generated a rent recapture rate of 102.6% on re-leasing activity
  • Dividends paid per common share increased 3.0%, compared to 2018
  • Raised $2.2 billion from the sale of common stock

For the quarter ended December 31, 2019 :

• Net income per share was $0.39
  • AFFO per share increased 8.9% to $0.86, compared to the quarter ended December 31, 2018
  • Invested $1.7 billion in 556 properties and properties under development or expansion, including $221.0 million in five properties in the U.K.
  • Generated a rent recapture rate of 106.2% on re-leasing activity
  • Raised $582.2 million from the sale of common stock
3 Me gusta
2 Me gusta

Añadidas 4 O a 51$. Yo confio en esta empresa, han mantenido dividendo incluso el mes pasado en lo peor del brote y estan a un 5 y medio% de RPD bruta.

2 Me gusta

Los chicos de SSD rebajan la seguridad del dividendo de 86 a 70 puntos por los impagos que ha tenido en Abril de sus inquilinos, principalmente restaurantes, gimnasios y teatros/cines. :grimacing:

1 me gusta

Todavia ha cobrado mas del 80% de las rentas en Abril

EPR Properties ha suspendido dividendo y ha dicho que solo habia cobrado el 15% de las rentas en Abril

Sí, dentro de lo malo no le ha ido mal del todo. Es el que más ha cobrado en comparación con sus pares:

10 Me gusta

Hola @faemino

Puedes pasar el articulo de donde has sacado la tabla?

Gracias

Es de Simple Safe Dividends, en versión de prueba 14 días. No sé si un enlace dejaría abrirlo, no creo. Dejo un trocito:

Realty Income’s April Rent Collection Beats Peers But Is Still Problematic

May 6, 2020

On Monday, Realty Income (O) released earnings and reported that 83% of rent was collected in April. Given the circumstances, April rent collection was better than expected and beat that of all other retail REITs we’ve studied.

Source: Company Press Releases

The top four industries in Realty Income’s portfolio have fared well during coronavirus-related shutdowns so far. Convenience stores (11.9% of rent), drug stores (9.0%), dollar stores (8.0%), and grocery stores (7.7%) all remain open and provide essential goods at low price points to consumers.

Source: Realty Income Investor Presentation

Tenant credit quality may also be playing a role. 48% of Realty Income’s rent is from tenants with investment grade credit ratings, and nearly 100% of rent from these tenants was collected in April. Investment grade tenants are, in theory, better positioned to meet their obligations during downturns.

Furthermore, Realty Income’s tenant base is comprised almost entirely of large national and regional operators, which have greater access to financial resources than mom and pop shops and are more likely to survive this rough stretch.

April’s figures are still sobering, though. Realty Income has material exposure to several industries impacted heavily by the pandemic and social distancing, namely restaurants (9.2%), gyms (7.2% of rent), and theaters (6.3%).

Management is in discussions with tenants in these industries to potentially defer several months of rent payments. However, many of these businesses operate on thin margins and may never have capacity to pay back rent in full.

Moreover, some tenants may eventually be forced to close stores or altogether go out of business if conditions don’t improve soon and government stimulus isn’t enough. Vacancies will be difficult to fill in the current retail environment.

This is uncharted territory for Realty Income, who saw same-store rent actually increase 0.4% in 2009 in the midst of the financial crisis.

Based on Realty Income’s pre-pandemic rental income and operating expenses (most of which are fixed costs), we estimate rent revenue could decline around 15% before cash flow (i.e. AFFO) would fall short of covering the dividend.

If rent collection doesn’t improve in the months ahead, Realty Income’s payout ratio will exceed 100%, and management will begin to question the dividend.

Due to the dividend’s lower margin of safety following the firm’s earnings report, we are downgrading Realty Income’s Dividend Safety Score to Safe .

A further downgrade will be considered if conditions worsen or if it becomes clear that rent revenue won’t return to pre-pandemic levels anytime soon.

Essentially, management is able to take a wait-and-see approach given that cash flow is not projected to fall too short of covering the dividend.

Equally as important, Realty Income’s financial position coming into this crisis is strong, affording management the flexibility to tap cash reserves or issue a modest amount of debt to cover a temporary shortfall in dividend’s funding.

Realty Income has ample liquidity with $1.25 billion in cash on hand and access to another $1.1 billion through a revolving credit facility. For context, the dividend costs roughly $880 million annually.

Healthy leverage ratios and an A- credit rating from Standard & Poor’s help ensure access to debt markets if needed, too.

11 Me gusta