Adidas delivers double-digit bottom-line growth in Q2 2019 (08/08/2019)
- Revenues grow 4% currency-neutral and 5% in euro terms
- Gross margin increases 1.2pp to 53.5%
- Operating margin improves 0.4pp to 11.7%
- Net income from continuing operations grows 10%
- Basic EPS from continuing operations rises 13%
adidas confirms outlook for FY 2019
- The company continues to expect sales to increase at a rate of between 5% and 8% on a currency-neutral basis.
- Adidas continues to project a sequential acceleration during the second half of the year.
- The company’s gross margin is forecast to increase to a level of around 52.0% (2018: 51.8%) in 2019.
- The operating margin is expected to increase between 0.5 percentage points and 0.7 percentage points to a level between 11.3% and 11.5% (2018: 10.8%).
- Net income from continuing operations is projected to increase to a level between € 1.880 billion and € 1.950 billion, reflecting an increase of between 10% and 14% compared to the prior year level of € 1.709 billion.