Jeff (JVincen2)

Sobre TXN:

If you think the market they dominate in analog chips is going to stay in neutral then avoid them for now. I think it’s about to grow much bigger myself but exactly when remains to be seen. That market is very different then your INTC holding or my QCOM and while it’s hard to explain some of the things why they are others are easier.
They dominate in it largely because of a quality product for example in the automotive markets for that type of chip, and they’re are many already in vehicles and that’s only going to grow much bigger going forward whether it’s an ICE or BEV one the standards might be only one in a million is allowed to be bad and that usually means TXN is your supplier. They’re not going into a few hundred dollar device or even a few grand one then your talking 30 thousand dollar and up consumer products so they need to be quality. In addition since they have a much longer shelf life as a chip product designers are very hesitant to switch to another over a smaller price because the product redesign to use another will far outweigh any chip savings cost.
Are you noticing all of the smart home products popping up now ? analog chips play a big role there also as eyes and ears you might say keeping track of things like sounds, temperatures, weights etc and reporting in constantly. The ways they can be used alone give them a much bigger customer base already then others and that base is growing fast with the IOT age rolling out now. It’s one thing to capture say the computer or WIFI router chip market in a home, quite another to look around inside there and see a future market in almost every other thing in it like fridges, ranges, faucets, doorbells on and on and many of them are already here and increasing that analog chip market and many more are on their way, ones we aren’t even aware of yet.
TXN has said next quarter will be flat to down but after that I think going forward we will see them become less cyclical in nature myself for several years in a row. No idea if they’re fairly priced or over valued which seems to be the general view which imho is a short time one only. So no advice from me about a SP except I do think say five years from now they will still have an impressive investment record behind them. There really isn’t many things those chips won’t be used in one day. As I mentioned before did you ever think you could talk to your kitchen faucet ? yet it’s here now anyways. It’s going to be an amazing decade imho, hope I get to stick around for all of it.
Vince

3 Me gusta

Disculpad el tremendo tocho en inglés que va a continuación.
Le preguntan sobre su cartera y aquí la expone.

“My portfolio is not posted here I use TDA as a broker and SSD for a view of it and will gladly say what ones are bigger positions for me but won’t get into much more then that. In fact it was Miguel who had me think a bit more about what I post and stop some of what I used to do here and in other places some of us regulars have traveled through over the years on S.A.
I used to say I bought 25 or 50 of this or that and he correctly pointed out adding a number to the symbol meant nothing really, it was the symbol add alone and supporting reasons for doing so that mattered, he was right.
We have on occasion still to much of a childish “size” contest going on here if you know what I mean. Hard to stop things like that in an open forum but I don’t intend to fuel it either.
I’m some what from what I gather like Ron again in the sense that I have some oversized positions and others that are small and will more then likely stay that way. Back in 2013 I started out with well over 60 holdings and now have 37 I more or less consider holdings I want to grow along with a few that were bought simply to trade at some point or are what you might call ongoing experiments for me like PLOW for a future trade with nice cap gains in it and PTY which has been more like an experiment for me. And I might be heading maybenot’s way of even less as the next few years play out.
I’m a strong believer of letting my winners run and adding more to them when I can. Per SSD utilities are still a big sector for me followed by information technology, consumer staples, and healthcare. I hold no industrial sector positions in size anymore and the last two I did were CAT and GE. I do have a small position in DOW now and would like it to get bigger. My telecom sector consists of only two VZ and T both in size with T being the larger one but I may be bringing VZ up more soon. I like what they’re up to and think some of it is flying under the radar at the moment with short sighted vision.
SSD says my portfolio remains a well diversified one even absent a sector.
AS for positions of size in relation to my holdings I think I have made myself clear about a few things and one thing is I consider a few of my technology listed ones as industrial business sector holdings now days anyways like CSCO. It’s why I always ask what company around now doesn’t have some sort of dependence on technology to be in business ? none I know of. It’s not that I think this time it’s different at all, in fact just as before time and again what matters is what you hold in a sector not the sector itself.
Per SSD information technology is a big sector holding for me with AAPL BMI CSCO GLW PAYX QCOM all of which except AAPL are both very old holdings in comparison to some comments made here and larger too simply from time held and being conviction investments that I added to when I could while others ran away. It would no doubt be my biggest sector by far value wise and income producing if I had simply kept my MSFT position, that’s a mistake I won’t make twice.
As for utilities I hold in size AEP BEP D PEGI WEC WTR and some PPL still maybe a third in size of the others. And WTR is smaller also but I would like more of them. Left a very old NGG position and used it to grow those others including WTR. Now it seems PEGI will be taken away from me and while I’m not happy about that I intend to place the funds in BIPC when it arrives. I think Brookfield is great management is why, BEP showed me that. I have nice cap gains in them all including the newest one WTR which took off on me before I could make it bigger but have no intentions of doing anything but leaving them alone. I bought them to play a certain role in my dividend growth income investments and they are doing just that.
In consumer staples I own HRL KO MO PM and one that used to be there as a cigarette paper maker SWM but is considered a specialty materials supplier now. They have restructured a large part of their business and pushed hard into various other filtering products, many are water related ones a wise move on their part and so I still hold them in size.
In health care I have ABBV CAH SYK both CAH and SYK are older holdings. Mike N suggested I look at ABBV back in time and I liked what I saw. I have held some others along the way like BMY but that’s it for me now days.
In financials I have BNS ORI and ORI remains my oldest dividend paying holding and an oversized position for me and will be as long as I have any say in my portfolio. IZZ would more then likely call them a slug but it’s a huge dependable as heck slug for me so it stays oversized for me. The last two years in a row they have given me a special and special certainly was the right word to describe it :slight_smile:
In consumer discretionary DNKN CBRL TJX and TJX is the larger position by far. They were one I jumped on hard right after the two for one split around one year ago and the herd was stampeding. No plans to add more choices to this sector and think it’s already bigger then it seems with some like AAPL and QCOM involved with consumer discretionary choices also in one way or another. Another good example, imho anyways of how trying to pigeonhole something into a technology sector holding alone is a mistake now days. Reminds me of the recent energy/utilty relationship thread and your actual energy exposure.
In energy I hold KMI MPC RDS.B XOM if I don’t like how MPC looks split up they will become more of the other three. It’s my view that big oil is here to stay longer then some think and remains nothing more then a cyclical commodity. I also happen to think it’s a sector that has way to much noise attached to it at times and so do my best to ignore it. I also remain convinced NG/LNG will play a role going forward the rest of my lifetime.
For real estate I own NNN O WPC all in size and IRM and I plan to give IRM time to grow their data center business. If my view on that changes I will have no problems at all of turning it immediately into more of those other three.
Most of this comment was done simply from memory and when you hold something for a long time that becomes easier to do and your knowledge of how the company works grows with time held also. I’m not judging how others manage their holdings just saying what I do. My personal goals have been made clear for a long time here now some of the older regulars know and it was to have our dividend growth investments act like a safety blanket to our other incomes. We have now easily surpassed the goals of doing that and I have chowder to thank for that along with many others here, to many to list.
We have five legs on our income stool now days and you can take two away and still sit on it comfortably. I hard a rough time of it in the Cater years and aftermath as a younger family man and staying well ahead of inflation was part of my goal. And now days three of those legs grow stronger still with COLAs and another our dividend growth investments have grown much faster then inflation since I retired also. My pension the smaller of our two ends when I do but if needed our dividend growth investments can more then replace that income and that growth continues YOY.
I also still own around a dozen or so investments in my taxable account where I still trade at times. For now I intend to use transfer in kinds to it as a way to deal with RMDs when they arrive.
I would add again that I’m in no way saying load up on technology stocks with some of my comments. I’m just trying to explain what I feel may be going on now days nothing more then that. And my investing goals are just that mine, something that gets forgotten here now and then. SQ just made a terrific comment about that very thing imho.
Vince”

5 Me gusta

@luisg me gustaría seguirle, puedes poner un enlace a sus post?
Gracias.

https://seekingalpha.com/user/19865501/comments

Ojo que mete tremendos monólogos.
A veces hay que escarbar mucho para sacar la información.

1 me gusta

THKS.
Sin embargo su intro es breve (y me gusta): Long stocks, nuff said.

Acerca de la transformación BIP y BEP así como la emisión de acciones tipo C (compañías). Esto según el va a favorecer que entre mucho dinero institucional dentro e infle el precio.

“My views still the same and what they are up to will allow those newer C corp ones to be invested in by some of the really big institutional money flows that otherwise either can’t or are reluctant to invest in them as an LP, for instance add them to an index and watch them go up.
I wasn’t interested in the BPY one that was offered as a REIT, not knocking it just no interest in another REIT. And both you and I will be involved in the newer BEP to BEPC split.
The one I have a strong interest in is BIP to BIPC and it’s because BrookField is very good at recycling older appreciated hard assets into newer ones, wash rinse repeat and they own some great ones already. When I look at them hard I always come back to chowders view of utility consolidation going forward something I agreed with way back then and still do. That arm of BrookField covers several utility services in one way or another from as old as it gets to brand new ones. I like that they aren’t as reliant on the capital markets for funding also, cheap money has been fueling things a long time now but sooner or later the tide will turn. And we certainly will see who has been swimming naked then :slight_smile:
[…]
Some things may be a bit clearer by then and my view may change from that but I intend to have my plan ready to go to work. It’s largely becasue I do think they’re might only be a small window in time before some of that bigger institutional money makes an appearance in some of those C corp structured offerings”

2 Me gusta

Más acerca de BIP.

"When BIPC a C corp version is offered in 2020 I will be opening a position in them. They represent more then any other I know of the newer blended/merged utility that can provide what ever service you require in the 21st century already imho.
If your not sure who Reliance is the best explanation I can offer is not much happens in India they aren’t involved in vs knowing what they are involved with, huge company over there. A recent move of BIP the past year or so to recycle appreciated hard assets with a target of around two billion dollars in new capital is now moving into a phase two part of it. So far the goals they had have been surpassed and that two billion gets reinvested into newer assets going forward.

Miguel and Ron
One of their top priorities has been in data, infrastructure generating it with things like fiber optical cabling highways and cellular towers and also storing it with deals like the one they made with DLR along with some of the cellular telecoms themselves.
BIP is a great one imho to see where the puck is headed :slight_smile:

< Brookfield Infrastructure Partners L.P. is one of the largest owners and operators of critical and diverse global infrastructure networks which facilitate the movement and storage of energy, water, freight, passengers and data. The company’s objective is to generate a long-term return , of 12 -15% on equity and provide sustainable distributions for unitholders while targeting annual distribution growth of 5-9%.
Brookfield Infrastructure Partners L.P.'s strategy is to acquire high quality businesses on a value basis, actively manage operations and opportunistically sell assets to reinvest capital into the business. The company has established a solid performance record, delivering compounded annual total returns of 15% since its inception in 2008. >

< Brookfield Infrastructure acquires Indian Telecom Towers
Dec. 16, 2019 9:46 AM ET|About: Brookfield Infrastructure… (BIP)|By: Vandana Singh, SA News Editor
Brookfield Infrastructure Partners (BIP +0.2%) to acquire a telecom tower company in India from Reliance Industrial Investments, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Reliance Industries Limited.
The total equity requirement is $3.7B, of which Brookfield Infrastructure will invest ~$375M, with the balance being funded by its institutional partners.
Brookfield Infrastructure is acquiring a portfolio of ~130,000 communication towers that forms the infrastructure backbone of Reliance Jio’s telecom business.>"

1 me gusta

AVISO. Tremendo tocho acerca de Corning y ciencia ficción.

"Corning is a good example of how I use SSD and long term thinking. As for the SP for the boys that means one share this month, two next with left over funding and new money and then back to one share again the next one, anything in the 20s works for me.
Corning continues to fascinate me as a company and I think if anything at all glass one of the oldest man made materials will continue to grow in use and no one does it cheaper or better or in ways previously unheard of so I still want them. They remain a sort of big brother to anyone looking to push the envelope in glass and it’s exactly why so many of the big names we all know come to them for help with problems. I think that Ellen DeGeneres Spectrum TV ad is showing you where we are headed in some ways and glass remains a big part of that current and future view.
Some of the things going on now days are ones thought to be physically impossible not that long ago yet we do them now. Here is one below that simply amazes me and it’s more Sci-Fi come to life once again.
Said before way back but to lay it out again when I lived in Colorado Springs my friend lived right next to the drive in theater with a clear view of the screen and in order to not end up in a feuding war with their suburban neighbors who grew up around them they came around and placed speakers on poles for any home that wanted them and a notification process for movies coming you might want to be aware of if you had kids, all of them took the poles. So we could sit in his back yard cook out have a few beers what ever and watch what ever movie was playing (I wanted to live around there myself :slight_smile: and two new movies I remember vividly back then were the first Alien’s one and the first big budget Superman effort with Christopher Reeves. Going to the drive in itself was $6 a car load, yeah times change huh :slight_smile:
In Superman one cool part was the “memory storing glass crystals” containing records of life on Krypton. Now remember were talking about fantasy Si-Fi stuff from the late 1970s and since around 2016-17 Superman Crystals are in fact a reality. That’s one of the reasons I keep longer term thinking in mind always and wonder what’s coming next. I loved being amazed as a kid, still do at 66 and hope I always am.
Corning was not directly connected to that breakthrough but supported it in many ways. They have several large research centers all over the world and it’s a glass product. One possible much bigger market evolving already for them is the use of lasers. Specifically LiDAR (light detecting and ranging) again don’t overthink it, simple easy to understand view LiDAR is the closest thing to a human eyeball there currently is and one day a true low latency 5G small cell system will replace the other part needed to process what that eyeball sees the brain. Some like Musk think otherwise and are headed to cameras, another glass user in some ways but one many don’t agree with they have to many faults like weather can affect them for one thing. He has other reasons to promote heading that way but I think latency problems will still be an issue.
Not really about all that anyways just pointing out who the heck knows what’s just over the hill you could say and it’s that future promise and what they have done so far keeping me in them until I see a very good reason to not be. The nice thing about growth in the vehicle market is it won’t make one bit of difference if it’s a traditional ICE or newer BEV one over time.
The boys other Grampa has a big 4K “curved screen” TV set and that display glass cover was made possible by Corning glass making technology. Probably not going to be a smooth ride for them but 5 or 10 or ? years out from here ? yes I think Corning will still be around and still leading the way forward. I wouldn’t own them myself much less be building a position in them for the boys if I thought differently. Can that change ? sure can and I will be the first to say so right here if it does for me.

Drive in movie from 40 years back fantasy Superman Crystals, look at the length of time storage numbers.

< Scientists at the University of Southampton have made a major step forward in the development of digital data storage that is capable of surviving for billions of years. Using nanostructured glass, scientists from the University’s Optoelectronics Research Centre (ORC) have developed the recording and retrieval processes of five dimensional (5D) digital data by femtosecond laser writing.
The storage allows unprecedented properties including 360 TB/disc data capacity, thermal stability up to 1,000°C and virtually unlimited lifetime at room temperature (13.8 billion years at 190°C ) opening a new era of eternal data archiving. As a very stable and safe form of portable memory, the technology could be highly useful for organisations with big archives, such as national archives, museums and libraries, to preserve their information and records.
The technology was first experimentally demonstrated in 2013 when a 300 kb digital copy of a text file was successfully recorded in 5D.
Now, major documents from human history such as Universal Declaration of Human Rights (UDHR), Newton’s Opticks, Magna Carta and Kings James Bible, have been saved as digital copies that could survive the human race. A copy of the UDHR encoded to 5D data storage was recently presented to UNESCO by the ORC at the International Year of Light (IYL) closing ceremony in Mexico.
Universal Declaration of Human Rights recorded into 5D optical data
The documents were recorded using ultrafast laser, producing extremely short and intense pulses of light. The file is written in three layers of nanostructured dots separated by five micrometres (one millionth of a metre).
The self-assembled nanostructures change the way light travels through glass, modifying polarisation of light that can then be read by combination of optical microscope and a polariser, similar to that found in Polaroid sunglasses.
Coined as the ‘Superman memory crystal’, as the glass memory has been compared to the “memory crystals” used in the Superman films, the data is recorded via self-assembled nanostructures created in fused quartz. The information encoding is realised in five dimensions: the size and orientation in addition to the three dimensional position of these nanostructures.
Professor Peter Kazansky, from the ORC, says: “It is thrilling to think that we have created the technology to preserve documents and information and store it in space for future generations. This technology can secure the last evidence of our civilisation: all we’ve learnt will not be forgotten.” >

One of the coolest things to do at the MOG in Corning NY is to touch a piece of glass that was made more then two thousand years ago and the MOG covers 35 centuries of glass making. It was Corning who made the Hubble telescope mirror and to many other “impossible” to do glass things real anyways.
Your always going to hear about “newer better’ ways to improve our entire internet communication ways including a better then fiber optical cabling choice. But I remain a show me investor and one thing I read way back now that has in fact been playing out and “showing me” it’s true was this. It was that fiber optical cabling should be around for some time to come going forward once it’s fully built out and what will change dramatically instead over time is the actual devices that use it and that is in fact what I’m seeing going on. Much bigger wider faster information superhighway being built out YOY and some brand new vehicles already showing up to ride on it.
Vince”

1 me gusta

Nuevo GRAN MONÓLOGO acerca de IoT (Internet Of Things), con múltiples datos y números. Sirve para hacernos una idea de lo que está ocurriendo en el mundo de tecnología e inversión respecto a determinadas empresas (algunas de las cuales estoy invirtiendo y otras donde invertiré en 2020).

"Ok here is some investing to think about. Up above another comment said everything is being turned Smart now days, I agree. But what I still see at times is a general lack of understanding in just how revolutionary what ‘s going on is fast becoming. It is indeed another whole different era we are entering into, not just another small step up but a huge leap forward.
Are these things below accurate ? even if you cut the numbers in half were still headed into much different times this coming decade, much different. If you own say TXN pay attention to number 2. It’s a good example of not realizing how many things already are connected in one way or another and the connection will only grow stronger over time. I continue to be patient with QCOM and want more AAPL because of number 4.
IoT Statistics: How Many Internet-Connected Devices Are There?

1. There Will be 20.4 Billion IoT Devices by 2020
    That’s a lot of devices. When looking at the raw number of connected devices it’s easy to lose sight of how large the figure actually is. For context, take a moment to look at the difference between a million and a billion in terms of time:
    One million seconds is roughly equal to 11.5 days.
    One billion seconds is roughly equal to 31.75 years.
    The difference between a few million IoT devices and a few billion, then, is quite staggering. Other estimates that push IoT projections farther into the future provide even more striking numbers. Business Insider forecasts that there will be over 64 billion IoT devices by 2025.
  2. By 2020, 90% of Automobiles Will Be Connected to the Internet
    Autonomous vehicles are coming, whether people like it or not. While precise numbers are difficult to determine, PWC estimates that the automotive industry spent around $46 billion on research and development of self-driving cars in 2015 alone. While driverless cars may not be taking over the highways soon, their need to gather and analyze huge amounts of data will demand more sophisticated edge data centers capable of directing the resulting digital traffic.
    Even if self-driving vehicles aren’t here yet, existing automobiles are increasingly incorporating IoT features. From sensors that transmit usage and mechanical condition data to manufacturers and dispatchers to internet connectivity that facilitates better GPS and driver comfort, today’s vehicles offer as much connectivity as the modern home. The computing power that makes this connectivity possible will make IoT-enabled vehicles valuable tools in edge computing architectures.
  3. Every Second, Another 127 Devices Are Connected to The Internet
    Increasingly, IoT devices are popping up everywhere. Former Cisco researcher David Evans, who calculated just how many devices were being added every second, provides a glimpse into how widespread they’ve already become:
    …“things” are no longer just computers and phones. Today, literally anything can be connected, including tennis rackets, diapers, clothing, vehicles, and, of course, homes. And although people may find this unsettling, the network is also starting to include biological things: Today, pets, crops, livestock, and the clothing on your body are IoT devices.
  4. There Will Be 3.5 Billion Cellular IoT Connections by 2023
    In a 2018 report on the mobile industry, Ericsson nearly doubled its previous forecasts on Internet of Things growth, largely due to the accelerating pace of deployments in China. The North East Asia market alone is expected to account for 2.2 billion connections by 2023. Short-range IoT devices are expected to see the greatest increase, but wide-area and cellular internet-connected devices are forecast to grow at an annual rate of about 30 percent by the same year. Much of this IoT growth will be credited to reductions in chipset prices and the expansion of cellular technologies such as NB-IoT and Cat-M1.
    IoT Statistics: What is the IoT Market Size?
  5. Companies Could Invest Up to $15 Trillion in IoT by 2025
    Many companies have already identified IoT devices as a clear value-add for their business. Far from just the technology sector, clothing manufacturers, healthcare providers, and municipalities around the world are investing in new ways to leverage the potential of interconnected devices.
    With so much capital pouring into research and development, it’s safe to assume that the IoT market size of the next decade will look very different from today’s. One thing that won’t change, however, will be the importance of edge data centers in IoT networks. This may explain why colocation data centers continue to be a vital IT solution for organizations looking to rapidly scale their operations to make the most of IoT devices.
  6. The Total Economic Impact of IoT Could Range Between $4 and $11 Trillion per Year by 2025
    Research by the McKinsey Global Institute suggests that IoT growth will continue to be rapid despite the fact that many of the most promising applications of the technology have yet to be fully deployed. Many companies already utilizing IoT technology are doing so modestly, such as using smart sensors to track products flowing through their supply chains. However, complementary technologies such as more versatile cloud technology and edge computing architecture will likely enable a rapid expansion of IoT applications. The expansion of 5G technology and reductions in hardware costs are also expected to help increase the widespread adoption of internet-connected devices.
  7. The Home IoT Market is Expected to Grow to $53.45 Billion by 2022
    Smart home devices, most of which are used to automate lighting, climate, appliance, entertainment, or security systems in a household, are already entering homes in record-breaking numbers. As an example, “smart speaker” devices like the Amazon Echo are already in 31 percent of US broadband households as of Q1 2019, up from a mere seven percent in 2017.
  8. By 2024, the Global IoT Healthcare Market is Expected to Reach $140 Billion
    Healthcare is one of the most exciting use cases for IoT technology, which is why the market in that sector is expected to grow by 12 percent annually from 2017 to 2023. The potential of telemedicine and wearable sensors will make it possible for medical professionals to better monitor and treat patients, especially in traditionally difficult-to-reach regions. Although the healthcare sector faces unique challenges owing to the compliance demands of HIPAA/HITECH requirements, improvements in IoT security will help the technology to be applied more broadly in the coming years.
    IoT Statistics: How to Invest in the Internet of Things
  9. Over 80 Percent of Industrial Manufacturing Companies Are Using or Planning to Use IoT Devices
    While self-driving cars and smart kitchens snatch most of the IoT headlines, some of the most exciting innovation is taking place in the manufacturing sector. From intelligent machines capable of performing automated tasks to augmented wearables that allow people to work more efficiently and safely, companies are experimenting with new ways of putting the latest IoT innovations to use.
    Better data analysis will also enable predictive maintenance, better energy cost efficiency, and higher overall levels of production uptime. Combined with edge computing architectures, industrial IoT devices will be especially valuable for places where low or non-existent bandwidth has led to data infrastructure challenges in the past. Smart machinery will be able to operate in more places than ever before, helping to boost production, create jobs, and grow the economy.
  10. Nine out of Ten Senior Executives in Technology, Media, and Telecom Companies Say IoT Growth is Critical to Their Business
    The majority of business leaders in these industries seem to understand the value of investing in comprehensive IoT strategies. Some of that confidence could be due to the early return on investment many companies have already experienced. For instance, according to a 2017 Aruba study, while only 16 percent of business leaders expected IoT investments to lead to large profit gains, twice as many actually did see those profits materialize. Similarly, 46 percent of companies made improvements in efficiency despite only 29 percent of executives believing IoT would make an impact on their efficiency standards. As IoT technology becomes more cost-effective to implement in the coming years, more business leaders will surely be quick to support such initiatives.
  11. Over 60 Percent of US Cities Are Investing in Smart City IoT Technology
    Fully interconnected smart cities have the potential to fully unleash the possibilities of IoT, and cities around the world are racing to develop new strategies that use IoT technology to streamline municipal operations and services. While a majority of US cities are already implementing these solutions, another 25 percent are exploring potential IoT applications. On a global scale, the market value of smart city initiatives incorporating IoT and AI is expected to surpass $2 trillion by 2025, with the top 600 smart cities accounting for 60 percent of global GDP.
  12. By 2021, 80 Percent of Retailers Will Be Using IoT to Customize Store Visits
    Online shoppers have already come to expect a customized shopping experience thanks to data analytics that allow online retailers to use past purchases and viewing history to promote the type of products customers are likely to find appealing. Thanks to IoT technology, brick-and-mortar stores will soon be able to do the same. With RFID and beacon technologies, companies will be able to actively shape the customer experience the moment someone enters a store. Real-time data from smart price tags will allow stores to be more responsive to purchasing trends and make adjustments to maximize sales.
    Coping With IoT Data
    If the total number of connected devices doesn’t provide enough shock value, consider the vast amount of data these devices are expected to generate. Cisco expects that total to exceed 800 zettabytes, which is quite a lot considering that a single zettabyte is equal to about a trillion gigabytes (following the time example above, one trillion seconds is equal to about 31,710 years).
    Data centers will play a huge role in managing this information and harnessing its potential. Considering that about 90% of this data will be unstructured, it will be more important than ever for data centers to continue pushing the boundaries of both storage capacity and predictive analytics to keep pace with the demands of IoT.
    While IoT devices are clearly already having an impact on the world’s network infrastructure, that influence is only going to increase in the coming years. By taking some of the current and projected figures into account, organizations can begin to position their business plans to take advantage of the tremendous opportunities and mitigate the risks these devices present. No matter how a company plans to incorporate IoT, a good data center will continue to be a vital partner in that process >

The technology of today is not what it was in the 1980s and 1990s and by the end of this decade many of those things just mentioned above will be part of our every day life, some of them like Smartphones already are. A device that has had phenomenal growth and hundreds more are ready to follow the same path it took as the IoT age unfolds.
Vince"

5 Me gusta

Sobre Broadcom:

I still don’t see the huge CA acquisitions synergies in AVGO working out right but who knows. Some here don’t like IBM and CA did a lot of the same things, mainframes and software cycles are having a tough go of it against cloud computing shifts. SaaS is fine but much of that is changing fast now days also. I think he finally got a clearer picture of where some, CSCO in particular was headed and is making sure they stay involved that way also going forward myself.

I also noted how they are shopping around their RF supply division as some things have changed in that market also. One that way is QCOM can now offer a complete RF supply chain including a modem for example.

To much acquisition debt for me in the end but Hock Tan is working on paying some of that down as fast as he can and I do think he is always looking ahead.

3 Me gusta

Small Cap de la que habla bien. Por supuesto: sector tecnología.

CASS (Cass information Systems).

“I wanted to add way back I used to look at CASS also, ever look them over at all ?. Little bit harder to describe what they do but related in many ways, fintech continues to grow larger and I don’t see that stopping anytime soon myself. They’re a small cap but a solid one and a low yield fast dividend grower type of investment who has offered nine splits along the way since 1997 in various forms. Back in 1995 I almost got some but went with BMI instead as I already owned PAYX. They remain one I keep an eye on for my Grandsons though still.
For me they are another “senior citizen” which I’m often partial to at well over 100 years old now. But make no mistakes about it they are a senior I like because they chose to change withy the times by always looking ahead and making sure they stayed able to provide what their customers wanted. That’s easy to say, harder to actually do for many of them.
Branches of them in Colorado where I first ran across them and SSD sure thinks highly of them. I step outside of my usual views now and then and with CASS some of Miguel’s metrics might fit them right now. Christine and no debt jumps out at you also which is another one I like to see myself. And Ron’s SSD scores are there also. Here is what I mean by some of those other views.
Miguel
CASS’s current dividend yield of 1.88% is 14% above its 5-year average of 1.64%, which indicates that the stock may be undervalued
Christine
CASS actually has more cash on hand than debt
Ron
SSD safety number 99
Have to add before moving on another very safe Information Technology› Data Processing and Outsourced Services one, todays tech is not 1990s tech. If I were to own an ETF it would be a very select technology holding one and I may do just that with one pick for my Grandsons.
CASS
Dividend yield with high growth
CASS has paid uninterrupted dividends for more than 25 years in a row.
Dividend Growth Streak 25 years of consecutive increases
Last Year 16% Very Fast
Last 5 Years 11% per year Fast
Last 20 Years 10% per year Fast
Pricey here ? not really the point I’m trying to make anyways. More like with some of the overvalued chat today I think the one thing that always stands out at me is long term thinking is a way to be successful. Add to ones you like when and if you can especially when they pull back and try to ignore day to day market noise as much as you can.
Vince”

2 Me gusta

Pon un REIT de Servidor datos en tu cartera. Su uso no para de crecer.

"Fascinating Big Data Stats
Data volumes have skyrocketed. More data was generated in the last two years than in the entire human history before that.
Since 2012, big data has created 8 million jobs in the US alone and 6 million more worldwide.
Big data needs as much computing power as you can throw at it. That’s why engineers aspire to reach the processing capability of the human brain for their CPUs in the next decade!
Big data holds the key to an amazing future. It reveals patterns and connections that significantly improve our lives. Secure self-driving cars, more effective medical treatments, even reliable weather forecast that will allow farmers to get better yields!
The driving force behind big data is the “data-fication” of information.
IT services earned the biggest share of the BDA revenues in 2019. The estimated profit is $77.5 billion! Right behind it are hardware purchases ($23.7 billion), and business services ($20.7 billion). Big data stattics show that software-wise, BDA revenues will go as high as $67.2 billion this year.
What the Statistics Say about the Need for Big Data
We constantly generate data. On Google alone, we submit 40,000 search queries per second. That amounts to 1.2 trillion searches yearly!
Each minute, 300 new hours of video show up on YouTube. That’s why there’s more than 1 billion gigabytes (1 exabyte) of data on its servers!
People share more than 100 terabytes of data on Facebook daily. Every minute, users send 31 million messages and view 2.7 million videos.
Big data usage statistics indicate people take about 80% of photos on their smartphones. Considering that only this year over 1.4 billion devices will be shipped worldwide, we can only expect this percentage to grow.
Smart devices (for example, fitness trackers, sensors, Amazon Echo) produce 5 quintillion bytes of data daily. In 5 years, we can expect for the number of these gadgets to be more than 50 billion!
Big data stats indicate that more than 30% of data will be uploaded to the cloud by next year.
Moving to a cloud can improve a business’s agility (by 29%) and shorten payback times by 30%.
Big Data and Analytics
Predictive analytics are becoming more and more crucial for success. 79% of executives believe that failing to embrace big data will lead to bankruptcy. This explains why 83% of companies invest in big data projects.
Fortune 1000 companies can gain more than $65 million additional net income, only by increasing their data accessibility with 10%.
Healthcare could also vastly benefit from big data analytics adoption. As much as $300 billion can be saved yearly!
Companies that harness big data’s full power could increase their operation margins by up to 60%!

Technology investments git sum :slight_smile:
Vince"

4 Me gusta

Sobre las Consumer Staples y KHC:

There is nothing unique in the consumer staples sector compared to some others, like all of them it depends on what one you go with.

I Never owned KHC and I never liked that Hees guy they chose to run it either, said so back when they merged he more or less came out of Burger King and of course his role at 3G paved the way. It wasn’t the merger that was bad it was the leadership choice. Should have went first with the younger guy they tapped to run Burger King after Hees left Burger King Daniel Schwartz. The newer KHC guy now Patricio is a better choice also Hees was tied in to tight to the 3G partnership itself. But as mentioned and I agree some dumpster fires are hard to put out. There is no rule at all saying bad can’t get even worse, some holes you can climb out of all by yourself while others end up being to deep to escape from without a lot of help.

They knew what they needed to do but ignored it all, it’s an obvious move you can see stated here by some people commenting about choices. You can’t just keep on singing the same old songs without introducing a few new ones in your show too or the crowd will go to another concert sooner or later. Heck that CEO Hees wasn’t even willing to spend a bit and add a few new lyrics much less new songs or even pay for some better advertising. He squeezed the Ketchup bottle way to hard and it ran dry :slight_smile:

GIS is a bit different they get it now and then with things like buying up Annie’s for example and as for staples themselves I have been happy with HRL so far. HRL still has a 99 dividend safety rating at SSD and that’s reflective of both roles it plays in my portfolio, safe and steady.

Same role KO plays there and both HRL and KO let me SWAN just fine.
Vince
HRL
1 Year Growth Rate 12.00%
3 Year Growth Rate 13.14%
5 Year Growth Rate 16.00%
10 Year Growth Rate 16.03%
53 Years of Growth

3 Me gusta
6 Me gusta

Un corto recordatorio de algunas de las premisas que usamos en construcción de cartera. A muchos seguro que os suenan por venir de donde viene su orientación DGI.

6 Me gusta

Continua su opinión acerca del sector de procesadores analógicos y el futuro brillante (en su opinión) que les espera: TXn y ADI (Analog Devices Inc. Analog Devices, Inc. (ADI) Dividend Growth | Seeking Alpha).
Y además unas criticas hacia INTC (esta no la lleva e cartera).

“I agree and think both ADI and TXN remain a buy here and now. Both of them imho anyways are a good example of chowders future value thinking. And both not only are in the right spot at the right time they often still get misunderstood by looking at just one thing they do and missing much more. Analog sensors in use growth will continue to happen but much of how they actually work including things like data converters will be coming along for the ride with them. To rosy of a CAGR projection below ? Ok cut it in half and it’s still darn impressive looking to me. Many established industries would love to have a five year CAGR projection of even a third of that one.
“The IoT sensor market was valued at USD 11.91 billion in 2019, and is expected to reach USD 42.67 billion by 2025, registering a CAGR of 24.05% during the forecast period of 2020 - 2025.”
In the semis I have been watching INTC hard while QCOM continues to clear up a few things. I don’t own them myself and it’s just my view but things for them seem to be going from bad to worse lately. Time for a leadership change as some here have brought up before I think.
They seem unable to execute lately and in that business as I have said many times tomorrow often matters much more then today. While some are now in 5 nm production INTC is still struggling with it’s 10nm production throughput. It’s not easy to explain why going smaller matters but one big reason is power consumption in the always connected IOT age.
They finally threw in the cellular modem towel after being unable to match QCOM technology and are now also shopping around their home connectivity division,that’s in a simple view set top routers and gateways. That’s another area that says they know others including QCOM again is ahead of them in WIFI 6 wireless as wireline including things like co-ax continues to slowly erode away. It’s a pretty good sign that’s happening because you don’t want to wait until it’s worth even less at some point going forward.
I also think from what I could look into they have cut away the meat and left the fat in some ways you could say in an effort to streamline some things. A combination of letting the wrong brain power go and having others no doubt poached away is becoming a hard one two punch for them to overcome. I would be amazed if AAPL didn’t get some brain power from them in one way or another with their cellular modem efforts.
I may be entirely off base here and as I said I don’t own them, always wanted to though and that’s why I always watch them and will continue to. Any owners here have a view to share on INTC ? would like to read what they think.
Vince”

3 Me gusta

Compra de VZ en las bajadas de semanas previas.

“I added a bit more of VZ around 50 and though T remains a bigger position think I have made it clear right along I wouldn’t mind them being equal sized positions. Saw this come across my cell back when I did that also as VZ is our carrier which has good management imho.
< Verizon has announced that it is automatically adding 15GB of high-speed data to wireless plans in response to the coronavirus pandemic. Additionally, the company announced it will waive overage charges and late fees for those affected by the crisis, waive internet and voice service for those on its discount Lifeline plan, and reiterated its previous pledge of free international calling for consumer wireless and home voice customers to CDC level 3 countries, among other efforts.
“We understand the hardships that many of our customers are facing, and we’re doing our part to ensure they have broadband internet connectivity during this unprecedented time,” said Verizon Consumer Group CEO Ronan Dunne. “With so many Americans working and learning remotely from home, having access to reliable and affordable internet is more important than ever before. We understand the hardships that many of our customers are facing.” >
The changes are in response to the Federal Communications Commission’s 60-day Keep Americans Connected Pledge. The pledge asks US internet service providers to not terminate service for residential and small business customers, waive late fees incurred as a result of the pandemic, and provide open access public Wi-Fi hotspots to any American who needs them.
The web is more then ever before the arteries and veins of both our business world heart and off duty relaxation time we depend on. Yup repeating myself again but the pandemic has certainly shown how true some of that is.
Imagine todays times without it around ? I’m glad it’s here myself and keeping us connected to loved ones back home and all over the place so easily. Video calls let you feel like your right there with them.
Vince”

Acerca de TXN

"I think you will do fine with them and by say 2025 be very happy you owned them. They own the market they are in for 300mm analog wafers no one does them cheaper or better and the customers are really “sticky” ones and all of them will be wanting more over the next decade.
They also provide other types of thingss for some of the biggest names around like AAPL for instance.

You don’t need to be a silicon chip expert to own TXN all you really need to know is these two things imho.

1. TXN 300 mm fab for analog chips is 40% less expensive than chips produced using the 200 mm fab used by many of it’s competitors which gives them a huge pricing advantage in that market. And their throughput (no waste) and analog chip quality outshine them all. Better more reliable devices for less money is a tough combination to compete against.

2. While the upfront cost for the fab plant is huge 300 mm analog production equipped ones might be operated for as long as 20 to 30 years. Digital chip fab plants cost a lot also but are constantly having to change equipment as the design sizes get smaller. It’s why so many of the larger companies simply outsource their actual digital chip production to ones like Taiwan semi conductor.

The role analog chips play is going to continue to grow many fold larger going forward in to many ways to list here. One quick easy to understand use that shows that continued growth is in vehicles where just one use of them among a dozen others in cars alone air bags grew them in use several times larger then when first applied. Now days ? many times different system devices on a vehicle are dependent on others and analog sensors are often one of those things systems they depend on.
How many air bags in your Prius now ? my bets more then 1 or 2 like when they first came along and it’s analog “impact sensors” that trigger them to go off. As for systems growth automatic emergency braking, lane departure warning, blind spot monitoring, and backup cameras. All these features are requiring high numbers of sensors, including analog ICs and MCUs.
And the harder they push to autonomous vehicles the more “systems” doing the actual driving they will need.

And last see all of the IOT age devices growing in use ones talking communicating standing guard reporting in on and on many of them also use analog chips in one way or another to function.
Another easy to understand similar example of analog chip longevity use is that dryer electric switch I replaced the other day here. That electric switch like many analog sensor chips fits over a dozen different dryer makes and models and covered a in production time period of around 15 years.
Product designers are reluctant to switch for many reasons but having the least expensive more reliable analog chips around also certainly keeps them using TXN ones too.
When that airbag or other device doesn’t do what it’s supposed to people tend to get mad and TXN makes some of the most reliable ones out there.
Darn it now I want some of them again too, still waiting to see if QCOM gets beheaded or pardoned, maybe in May.
Vince

Sorry for the ramble but TXN and it’s analog chip market is quite a bit different then the digital semi chip one. Though they make other types along with many other different devices too like the power-management component (battery DC converter) that Apple uses in some models.
It’s why I like to look at some of those independent “'tear downs” to see what is in use when they come out.
If you need a good sign for TXN over the next five years or so keep an eye out for growing in size and again right there in Texas."

4 Me gusta

Acerca de DLR. También puede incluirse BIP/BIPC. Centros de datos, las futuras vacas lecheras.

"
DLR (BIP)

Jun 3 2020
Ascenty to build two new data centers in Mexico

Ascenty, a provider of data center services in Latin America and joint venture of Digital Realty (NYSE:DLR) and Brookfield Infrastructure (NYSE:BIP), will build two new facilities in the state of Queretaro, Mexico, anchored by long-term, U.S. dollar-denominated, multi-megawatt agreements.
Both initial phases are scheduled for delivery in 2021 and the two new facilities combined are expected to deliver up to 36 megawatts of total IT capacity upon full buildout.
The new data centers will be interconnected via an underground dark fiber-optic network, providing access to networks, cloud, and connectivity providers in a single, secure environment.

Jun. 16, 2020
Digital Realty starts building its first South Korean facility.

Digital Realty (NYSE:DLR) has broken ground on its first facility in South Korea.
It’s beginning construction on Digital Seoul 1, the country’s first carrier-neutral facility, on 22,000 square feet of land in the Sangam Digital Media City.
The facility is made to accommodate 12 megawatts of IT load, with more than 162,000 square feet of space across 12 levels.

Jul. 1, 2020
InterXion opens third Marseille data center

InterXion - now part of Digital Realty (DLR +3%) - has launched its third data center in Marseille, France.
It’s opened the first phase of MRS3 on a key subsea hub, with 14 cables currently landing in Marseille and 5-10 more coming within the next five years.
The new center is located in an abandoned submarine base that now houses a 16.5-megawatt data center with about 7,100 square meters of IT space to be delivered in three stages. The first phase comprises about 2,300 square meters, with two other phases coming in 2021

Jul. 2, 2020
Digital Realty to develop its second data center in Hong Kong

Marking its expansion in Asia, Digital Realty (DLR +1.3%) will build a new, carrier-neutral data center in Hong Kong to be named Digital Realty Kin Chuen.
It follows the recent groundbreaking for a data center in Seoul.
The company entered Hong Kong in 2012 with the acquisition of Digital TKO, located in the Tsueng Kwan O industrial estate and capable of delivering up to 18 megawatts of critical IT capacity.
Upon completion, the new, 21,000 square-meter building will deliver up to 24 megawatts of critical IT capacity. It’s planned to be ready for customers in Q4 2021.

Vince"

3 Me gusta

Aquí Butragueño marcó 4 goles a la Dinamarca de M.Laudrup, Elkjaer Larssen encabezaban la llamada “Dinamita Roja”.

PD. perdón por el off-topic

4 Me gusta