Meta Platforms (META), antes Facebook

Yo he estado años así, hasta que la compré, y sigue para arriba. Están monetizando de manera descomunal el mercado de la publicidad, y están invirtiendo para crear los siguientes espacios dónde poner anuncios.

El CEO tiene 37 años, y es de una voracidad tremenda

4 Me gusta

Tengo el portfolio y la lista de la compra casi entera en rojo (toco todos los sectores, tamaños y estrategias) pero Facebook sigue subiendo, 1,7% hoy, acojonante la verdad.

1 me gusta

Creo que puede ser una empresa en la que comprar al precio que este y olvidarte y tenerla en cartera 20 años, en mi caso aunque la pueda comprar para mi, evidentemente esstoy pensando en que pasara a mi hija.

Que puede pasar con FB en 30-50 años? Es muy dificil saberlo.

Creo que no tardara en entrar en mi cartera y que pase lo que sea, al fin y al cabo no supondra un % superior como mucho al 1%.

Si, parece que no tenga limite pero nada sube hasta el infinito, los resultados la estan apoyando y mientras ocurra esto el mercado lo valorara bien, pero es esto mantenible en el largo plazo? Muy dificil saberlo

2 Me gusta

“Facebook announced earnings per share of $3.61 on revenue of $29.08B. Analysts polled by Investing.com anticipated EPS of $3.04 on revenue of $27.85B.”

2 Me gusta

Facebook Posted Impressive Q2 results; 2H2021 Represents Tougher Comps; Increasing FVE to $407

We are increasing our fair value estimate of Facebook to $407 from $390. The firm reported better than expected second quarter top- and bottom-line results driven by user growth and growing monetization. Economic recovery continues to drive higher ad spending, a big chunk of which is allocated to Facebook and its properties. We are pleased with Facebook’s continuing enhancement of its platforms as it improves e-commerce functionality, increases video content, and introduces more audio content, which support the firm’s network effect moat source on the user and advertiser sides, increasing overall ad inventory. Facebook is also investing in innovation for the long-run, including Metaverse, which we view as the next stage of growth and development in virtual reality. While Metaverse is likely to require more interoperability between many platforms and may slowly erode Facebook’s walled garden, the firm’s current network effect moat source should maintain more users on the Facebook side of the Metaverse.

Management guided for significant deceleration in revenue growth during the second half of this year, which we had already modeled in. We have still slightly increased our projections given the strong second-quarter results. While the stock is down in after-hours trading, it remains in 3-star territory and fairly valued, in our view.

Total revenue of $29.1 billion was up 55.6% year over year due to higher ad prices and an increase in users. Facebook benefited from ongoing strong demand for direct response and the resurgence of brand advertising. Monthly active users increased 7% and 2% year over year and from last quarter, respectively, to nearly 2.9 billion. Engagement remained at around 66% as daily active users increased to 1.9 billion (also up 7% from last year and 2% sequentially). Given last year’s tougher comp, ad inventory inched up only 6%, but strong demand from advertisers drove prices 47% higher from last year.

3 Me gusta

los resultados de este Q y del anterior son una auténtica bestialidad.

2 Me gusta

A mi esto casi es lo que más me llama la atención de nuevos revenue streams, a comer parte del pastel de Amazon, Shopify y quizá Visa

Commerce

The second area that I want to talk about today is commerce. Our goal here is to create better experiences for people interacting with businesses, and to help businesses grow even more on our platforms. Our approach is to work our way down the stack and build world class services at every layer of commerce – starting from discovery at the top of the stack all the way down to payments. Just like we want to be the best place for millions of creators to make a living, we also want to be the best place for businesses to grow as well.

We started here by building world class ads tools to help businesses reach potential customers and help people discover new products and services that they might like. But what we’ve found is that when these ads link offsite, you often land on a webpage that’s not personalized or not optimized or where you have to re-enter your payment information. That’s not a good experience for people and it doesn’t lead to the best results for businesses either. So our next phase here is focused on building out Shops, Marketplace, and business messaging in WhatsApp and Messenger to create more native commerce experiences across our apps.

There’s a lot of work here to do to support all of the business tools natively that already exist for the web, but as we bring more of this online and enable more of this, it’s going to create a superior consumer experience and it’s going to convert better for businesses. This is going to lead to more businesses investing in building out their presences across our services, and that will lead to even more diversity of products for people to discover and interact with. This is a long term strategy and it’s going to take a while before it’s meaningful --especially given the scale of our ads business already --but I’m confident that it’s the right long term bet and product direction.

As we work our way down the stack from discovery in ads to native commerce storefronts, we’re also making progress on payments at the same time. WhatsApp payments are now available to everyone in Brazil as well as India. Lots of people are already using this as a simple and secure way to send money to friends. We’re adding new payments features in Messenger in the US like QR codes. We also just announced that we’re making Facebook Pay available outside our apps for the first time, which means you’ll start seeing it as a checkout option on the web --and especially in web views that you see within our apps after clicking on ads or other business content.

Commerce experiences are now accessible across most of our services and we have a full roadmap of deeper integrations that I’m excited about in the months ahead.

4 Me gusta

La pregunta en estas empresas que parece que sólo saben subir siempre es ¿cuándo entrar? y la respuesta casi podría ser “ahora” (da igual cuando se lea)

1 me gusta
4 Me gusta

4 Me gusta

Uf, entré a 377, aprovecho para bajar la media :slight_smile:

3 Me gusta

¿cómo la véis a PER 25 con la caída?

Algunas estadísticas interesantes

Me falta mirar stats de Instagram y WhatsApp, qué tendencia toman, especialmente con IG con el furor de TikTok

Facebook como tal para los zoomers no tiene apenas tirada, demasiados me parecen que sean el 5.9% de usuarios. Hace 10 años, mi quinta con 12-14 años TODOS teníamos FB. Desde los 16-18 todos lo dejamos de lado. Aquí muy poca gente lo usa. Si ha crecido es por la entrada masiva de usuarios de países en desarrollo, más pobres, con necesidad real de comunicarse. Faltaría ver las perspectivas ahí.

El crecimiento aún es muy bueno, solo faltaría que monetizaran de una vez WA, porqué si no la cosa creo que se ralentizará. Si que la gráfica de crecimiento de los monthly active users en FB es muy lineal y predecible pero crecer en india, vietnam o brasil no es lo mismo que en países con usuarios que sale más rentable que vean tus anuncios

1 me gusta

esta pregunta no la entiendo, ¿podrías reformularla?

FB hay que valorarla como empresa de crecimiento, y lo que va a valer dentro de 5 años. Mira que he tardado en darme cuenta de estos temas, y quitar el miedo de comprar en máximos.

Entonces, si hay correcciones de más de un 10%, puede considerarse un buen punto de entrada.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.adslzone.net/noticias/internet/whatsapp-instagram-facebook-caida-octubre-2021/amp/

Un saludo.

3 Me gusta

No funciona el guasap de los webos. Qué vergüenzaaaa. De aquí al apocalipsis zombi na, dos telediarios😋

Bajando un 4% oportunidad de compra?

5 Me gusta

al parecer hicieron un cambio de configuración en el Border Gateway Protocol (BGP para los amigos) y el cambio no estaba bien y las DNS dejaron de reconocer las llamadas.

Para mi es una oportunidad de ampliación, hoy les compro a los vendedores, no mucho pero algo caerá,

2 Me gusta