Tim McAleenan Jr. (The Conservative Income Investor)

Warren Buffett’s Coca-Cola Dividends

If you find a thriving business while it is in its prime, it is stunningly foolish to sell it because it gets a bit overvalued or it goes through a rough period. I suspect the shareholders of Colgate-Palmolive and Nike right now will find themselves in a position in the 2040s that Warren Buffett and Berkshire Hathaway shareholders currently enjoy with Coca-Cola.

I think this staggering results of a long-term Coca-Cola investment in terms of dividend income alone is important to keep in mind if you are tempted to sell your stake in a business that presently appears to be moderately overvalued. If you have chosen the business well, a small bit of compression is still worth the trade-off in order to achieve an end-game like Buffett has with Coke.

Dividend Investing Is A Slow Shift From Being A Worker To Being An Owner

This, by the way, is why I advocate dividend investing with surplus capital: it allows you to become a part-owner of a company and frees you from having to answer to an employer. The CEO of Coca-Cola isn’t going to take your 100 shares of Coca-Cola and say, “You’re fired because you don’t fit in with company culture” because he works for you the shareholder.

Sobre el error de Endeudarse para Consumir, por ejemplo un vehiculo caro, y el resultado que generaría ese dinero ahorrado e invertido, como riqueza a futuro para la familia.

New Car Prices Show Us Why Young Americans Can’t Get Ahead

1 me gusta

Sobre el cortoplacismo: Selling Stocks Online (Ugh, A Bad Idea)

2 Me gusta

Hasta que deje de hacerlo.

2 Me gusta

Yo tengo un conocido que también se dedica al tema del trading con forex. Me explicó que tiene alquilados unos servidores del copón en Frankfurt porque ser unas milésimas más rápido que los demás en este ámbito es la clave para ganar más dinero.

Le dedica unas cinco horas diarias al tema cuando sale del trabajo y para el horario que no cubre ha “contratado” a un par de indios que trabajan a comisión sobre los beneficios. Al parecer en Interactive Brokers puedes crear perfiles para ayudantes dentro de tu cuenta.

Tengo pendiente sentarme una tarde con él para que me desvele todos los entresijos porque de momento lo poco que me cuenta me suena a marcianada. Casi lo mismo que cuando yo le hablo de mi estrategia DGI :wink:

7 Me gusta

Suena a la anti-IF

4 Me gusta

Si alguien tiene interés que busque la historia de Simmons y sus FI, Medallion. Quant, matemática y ordenadores. Es una lectura apasionante para un Domingo Friki. Se le opone a WBuffet que ese si le conocéis :grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning:

El problema del forex es el apalancamiento… Y los flash crash, que habrá millones de máquinas mejores y más rápidas que la tuya operando. Se pueden poner todos los stops que quieras pero si no hay contrapartida y van apalancados… Game Over.

Como el gestor que invierte en chicharrillos de 6000acciones al día de volumen. El día que tenga que salir no cabe por la puerta.

7 Me gusta

Si no tiene ni idea de cómo gana dinero tampoco la tendrá cuando lo empiece a perder.

Siendo Forex imagino que, como dicen los compañeros, irá muy apalancado y con algún método basado en seguimiento de tendencias.

De todas maneras yo le preguntaría más, a ver si hay algún razonamiento subyacente interesante en su operativa que se nos haya pasado por alto o si es puro azar.

Un saludo.

5 Me gusta

Así es. Le aprecio, pero hace años que decidí que si una persona está decidida a estamparse contra un muro, lo más que puedo recomendarle es que contemple la posibilidad de ponerse un casco.
Espero que la experiencia le vaya lo mejor posible. :four_leaf_clover:

Domingo Friki, allá vamos. :slight_smile: :man_technologist:

Me enseñó unas velas japonesas que “si van para arriba, lo normal es que vayan para arriba”; y si este indicador (que no sabía que era RSI) pasa de esta línea, “se compra o se vende”. Y ya.
Con todo esto, una media de unos 200€ al día. :face_with_monocle:

5 Me gusta

Seguimiento de tendencias puro y duro con algún indicador relacionado jejeje…

Bueno, si consigue obtener ganancias consistentes bravo por él.

3 Me gusta

The Sequoia Fund vs. Conoco Phillips

4 Me gusta

Ahí queda claro que por bajas que sean las comisiones, el hecho de que se cobren año tras año reducen significativamente la rentabilidad de la inversión.

Parece que sale más a cuenta pagar sólo 1 vez la comisión de compra y que algunas empresas te vayan mal que no pagar año tras año comisión sobre el total de lo invertido.

Saludos desde éste paraíso que es la playa de Puerto de Alcudia.

9 Me gusta
4 Me gusta

You shouldn’t buy a stock and then stare at its price every day or every month waiting for it to go up. Instead, once you make an investment, you should direct your future energies to acquiring new capital and performing research for the next investment selection that you will make.

Meanwhile, your prior investments should be permitted the time to accumulate and reinvest dividends and the company should be given the time to grow profits which will yield to capital appreciation over time. Fixation on the price of a particular stock (especially over a period of three years or less) is not the path to wealth.

https://theconservativeincomeinvestor.com/2019-stock-investors-looking-like-2007-stock-investors/

5 Me gusta

When it comes to barriers to entry associated with mid-cap and the smaller of the large-cap stocks, few if any companies enjoy the competitive advantage possessed by Edwards Lifesciences (NYSE:EW). The company operates in the incredibly regulated field of aortic valve replacements and surgical heart valve therapy.

One of its well-established and fast-growing products is the Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement (TAVR), and the companies’ Sapien 3 valves exhibit the lowest rate of death, stroke, or rehospitalization among its users. The Sapien 3 is a valve made out of cow tissue that is attached to a balloon-expandable, cobalt-chromium frame for support.

That is why the company has been able to grow earnings per share at a rate of 21% annualized since 2009. Earnings per share have climbed from $0.40 per share in 2003 to $5.35 in 2019 for a 17.6% compounded growth rate. In the pharmaceutical sector, that type of growth can be found when products with high barriers to entry meet the legal standard of care and then an entrenched insurance/legal bias comes to exist in favor of their sustained use, enabling the firm to hike the price of its devices and generate sustainable shareholder returns.

Even better, the company has a strong balance sheet, with $900 million in cash, $600 million in debt, against a profit engine of over $1 billion. The key is getting the price right for making your initial purchase. It only comes around several times per decade, but any time this firm can be purchased at a P/E ratio of under 20, the odds are heavily in your favor for securing 10% or greater long-term returns.

https://theconservativeincomeinvestor.com/edwards-lifesciences-stock-the-barriers-to-entry/

¿Me pierdo algo o actualmente cotiza a PER 42?

Tirando de hemeroteca se encuentra uno con artículos como éste de Octubre del 2014. No siempre se acierta

I feel exactly the same way about General Electric right now at $24 per share. It gives you a 3.63% starting dividend yield if you buy today, and seems like to grow the payout by 8-11% in the years ahead. My personal estimates for General Electric’s dividend going forward are something like this:

General Electric dividend=

$0.88 per share in 2014.

$1.00 per share in 2015.

$1.12 per share in 2016.

$1.24 per share in 2017.

$1.40 per share in 2018.

$1.56 per share in 2019.

$1.80 per share in 2020.

$2.00 per share in 2021.

This isn’t the same company that it was in 2007—that’s lazy thinking to equate the 2007 General Electric with the 2014 General Electric. The backlog of work is almost twice as big. The troublesome real estate loan portfolio is gone. Of the remaining finance units, there is 75% more capitalization than existed in 2007. With the Alstom deal, General Electric remains on pace to make 70% of its profits “industrial related” rather than “financial servicing related.” The fact that you can initiate a position at 3.6% today is a gift; and the rewards will become more apparent in the coming years, especially for those that reinvest their dividends while the price of the stock is in the $20s and low $30s.

https://theconservativeincomeinvestor.com/i-feel-the-same-way-about-general-electric-right-now-as-i-did-about-johnson-johnson-in-2011/

Cinco años más tarde aconseja mantenerse alejado de compañías con credit rating BBB- como KHC
aunque no entiendo porque menciona a GE (BBB+)

It is crazy to think that half of fund offerings for high-yield debt. If there are downgrades in rapid succession for any BBB-rated companies, there could be a massive sell-off as a required matter of course. If someone wants to be savvy in this market, wait for something like General Electric or Kraft-Heinz to see their debt downgraded to junk status (if that happens), and then you can buy low while forced selling occurs. But otherwise, I would stay out because there are strong institutional considerations that tie the hands of bond managers and half of their assets are now dedicated to debt that is one downgrade away from forced selling. It is an area where modest declines could produce outsized investment harms.

https://theconservativeincomeinvestor.com/my-warning-on-high-yield-corporate-debt-investments/

1 me gusta