Chowder

Yo personalmente opino que no hay una tech bubble. Ahora, sí que pienso que hay empresas en el sector que están infladísimas. Por eso prefiero ver los toros desde la barrera y solo invertir en valores “no inflados”.

Quizás me equivoque, solo el tiempo dirá. En cualquier caso mi equivocación me costará haber dejado de ganar por encima del índice. Un precio que prefiero pagar por el extra de tranquilidad

6 Me gusta

https://seekingalpha.com/instablog/728729-chowder/5354404-older-folk-portfolio#comment-87351031

Me esta rompiendo los esquemas…

Chowder vuelve al tabaco

Nunca se si estan mas engachados al tabaco los fumadores o los accionistas

9 Me gusta

Hay que matizar…

"They are no-where going companies but I didn’t purchase them for high total return. I am treating them like a CEF. I purchased them strictly for the dividend cash flows that can used to invest elsewhere.
In this portfolio they are a fit, they are not a fit in other portfolios based on the goals those portfolios are trying to achieve. Again, everything I do is goal based"

1 me gusta

Actualización de la cartera de su hijo, con experimentos incluidos.

Update as of 12/14/2020

TAXABLE ACCOUNT: (Portfolio value and return)

LMT … $8,459 … up 160.26%

ADP … $9,176 … up 158.70%

DG … $9,167 … up 137.12%

TGT … $9,429 … up 136.11%

MA … $6,014 … up 130.35%

ABT … $6,636 … up 119.82%

MCD … $9,743 … up 118.02%

DE … $7,284 … up 110.23%

NKE … $7,570 … up 106.49%

JNJ … $7,858 … up 105.36%

SYY … $7,922 … up 96.31%

PEP … $6,180 … up 93.20%

V … $5,230 … up 91.58%

CL … $5,265 … up 84.55%

SBUX … $5,819 … up 83.17%

KO … $7,601 … up 81.56%

NSC … $5,703 … up 78.57%

HD … $6,210 … up 69.25%

NEE … $6,544 … up 67.77%

GIS … $5,446 … up 53.59%

KMB … $5,540 … up 53.03%

SO … $6,802 … up 42.96%

SWK … $5,145 … up 40.20%

AAPL … $2,575 … up 27.05%

MSFT … $2,148 … up 3.67%

MMM … $4,500 … up 2.10%

PTY … $5,957 … up 1.39%

CVX … $3,359 … dn 3.11%

Total … $179,053.97

The yield on this account is 2.36%

ROTH IRA:

LOW … $4,627 … up 116.85%

COST … $4,829 … up 115.93%

PG … $6,126 … up 89.45%

MKC … $6,349 … up 86.82%

CAT … $3,345 … up 84.86%

UNP … $4,175 … up 81.54%

DEO … $1,965 … up 48.97%

FAST … $4,055 … up 46.91%

VFC … $3,593 … up 43.27%

ACN … $3,374 … up 40.06%

AWK … $2,839 … up 37.28%

VZ … $5,953 … up 37.12%

CTAS … $1,736 … up 35.71%

BDX … $3,516 … up 35.38%

BF.B … $2,199 … up 33.33%

D … $5,290 … up 26.62%

SYK … $2,086 … up 23.38%

O … $5,317 … up 23.28%

TSLA … $1,279 … up 15.95%

ARKK … $2,774 … up 14.33%

TWLO … $702 … up 9.95%

ARKW … $2,774 … up 9.66%

DUK … $5,245 … up 8.14%

WM … $1,881 … up 7.23%

SE … $575 … up 6.88%

ROKU … $1,298 … up 5.41%

SBE … $1,373 … up 1.37%

NOC … $1,491 … dn 3.57%

PSTH … $542 … dn 3.73%

T … $5,576 … dn 8.54%

NIO … $717 … dn 21.63%

Total … $98,655.42

The yield on this account is 2.32%

Full Total … $277,709.39

7 Me gusta

Young Folk Portfolio.
Va a ser 2021 interesante…

" INVESTMENT THESIS FOR 2021 …

As I have previously discussed, this portfolio, after 11 years since formed, has exceeded both it’s dividend cash flow and total return objectives that were established 11 years ago. Since the objectives have been exceeded, this provides me other opportunities to help improve the performance of the portfolio for the long term.

Since most of the companies in this portfolio have been owned for 5 years or more, I know where the strengths and weaknesses are with regard to performance. Thus it is my desire to cull the weak and add to the strong.

My goal is to add to every company that is up 100% or more. I want more of my best performers, not less of them. I don’t want more of my under-performers and continue to throw money at them in hopes they finally turn around. I will trim or liquidate weakness to add to strength. I have already added to most of my best performers and will now finish adding the the rest.

When I started this portfolio out, I didn’t know who was going to perform and who wasn’t. Every company I purchased I thought was a good investment at the time, it turned out they all weren’t and I will manage the portfolio so that what we do own does perform as expected.

The other part of that initial scenario was to diversify and own a considerable number of companies, equally weighted, in order to spread my risks, but now that I know who is performing well, I can trim the number of holdings and hold a smaller number of companies.

This takes me to the second part of my 2021 investment thesis for this portfolio.

As many of you know, the better a company performs, and the higher the price rises, the more difficult it is to justify continuing to add to it. This often leads us into a situation where we look at our best performing companies and then say, I wish I owned more of it. You could have but you refused to, you were unwilling to take those risks. I’m not unwilling to do so and it’s easier for me because the portfolio is so far ahead of where it is supposed be be at this stage of the 40 year time frame.

So here’s my next step. I am going to determine who my best 2 ideas are for 2021 and I am going to mostly add to them all year long, making them my largest holdings in this portfolio. If my best ideas work out, and my positions are sized for impact, then the performance should be overwhelming when compared to market results and my personal goals for where this portfolio needs to be at the end of 2021.

So here are my 2 best ideas for 2021. … TSLA and ARKG.

I am of the belief, after many hours of research, that the genomic sector is truly ready for Prime Time and I intend on taking advantage of that in the event it is true. If it isn’t, I still have a diversified portfolio of stocks for ballast.

2021 GOALS:

1. Add to any company up over 100% in total return.

2. Build TSLA and ARKG to be the largest holdings in this portfolio."

[…]

"I’ll bet out of the group you mentioned, you might have been able to pick one or two that could be huge long term performers. That’s what I hope to do with TSLA and ARKG, but if it doesn’t work out the way I expect, I will manage the positions accordingly with the first order of business being me no longer adding to them.

It’s okay to try and then fail. It’s not okay to not try. I can learn from my mistakes, I can’t learn from doing nothing."

7 Me gusta

En el mundo de la bolsa a veces es lo contrario.

4 Me gusta

¿Cómo se llama esta estrategia? ¿2021 YOLO?

that the genomic sector is truly ready for Prime Time

Sí y no. Es el futuro, esas empresas van a valer varias veces lo que hoy, pero no será en 2021.

Las companías bios que están en ARKG son todas de las mejores. El pero es que probablemente estén la mayoría cotizando al doble de lo que deberían hoy. Así que no sé yo. A largo bien, a corto varias de esas pueden caer un pico…

La cuestión es si en conjunto pueden compensarlo y si la gente que está metiendo ahí pasta a mansalva puede hacer que las cotizaciones incluso sigan subiendo más durante más tiempo.

1 me gusta

Este tipo sabe mucho más que yo pero lo de Tesla no lo veo.

Ayer precisamente me estaba leyendo el artículo de The Conservative Investor Tim McAleenan Jr. (The Conservative Income Investor) - nº 176 por ruindog con la tesis contraria y me parece que tiene más sentido.

¿Que Tesla se puede duplicar de aquí a 1 año? Puede ser, el hype que tiene la empresa es brutal pero en una cartera B&H a largo plazo tiene mucha papeletas para tener un retorno inferior al del mercado.

2 Me gusta

Compraste TSLA el 2/1/2020 a 86 precio post-split, ahora 28/12/2020 esta a 661, pongamos que se pasa a 661 los próximos 20 años, retorno anualizado del 10,74%, bastante superior al mercado, si se duplica como tu dices y como yo creo que va a ocurrir pues apaga y vámonos. Obviamente no será el mismo retorno si no confiaste desde el principio de año, pero tampoco creo que el precio se vaya a quedar en los 600s por 20 años.

Pero volviendo a Tim McAleenan, para él Tesla sigue siendo “an auto company”, también predice una “next swing down” como muchos predecían tras la entrada al SP y se sigue basando en “any sense of conventional metrics”. Luego en 5 años llegaran los artículos de: Tesla: More than an auto company! Optionality! Is it too late to invest in tesla?

Hola,

Con Tesla creo que hay varias cosas poco cuestionables, como:

• Invertir en estos precios es esperar unos crecimientos del 30-40% durante 10 años al menos. No digo que se vaya a conseguir o no, pero si crece a “sólo” el 10-15% la cotización se vendrá abajo.
  • Tesla no es sólo una compañía de automóviles, y lo que ha ayudado a ver la realidad es la tremenda subida de la cotización este año
  • Los que entraron antes de esta subida, ya sea en 2019 o principio de 2020, o bien compraron una compañía de autos y han tenido mucha suerte, o bien se adelantaron al mercado valorando Tesla como una compañía de automóviles y mucho más, ya sea baterías, almacenamiento de energía, robotaxi, conducción autónoma, etc.
  • Los que entraron antes del subidón tienen muy difícil perder dinero a futuro, han hecho una gran inversión y hay que quitarse el sombrero, ya sea por suerte o por visión.
  • Los que entren ahora lo tienen mucho más difícil, lo cual es obvio pues ha multiplicado x8 o x10 y se descuentan cosas muy pero que muy buenas e ideales. Para estos habrá que esperar unos años a ver cómo se desarrolla la cosa, ya que son tecnologías aún en pañales en cuanto a ventas, aplicaciones y tecnología

Saludos

5 Me gusta

3 Me gusta

Me dices hace 1 año que Chowder iba a escribir todo esto y te digo: se te va la pinza!!!

Ahora mismo hay muchos cantos de sirena, cualquier sitio donde pongas dinero: sube.

Cuando venga la siguiente hostia va a ser morrocotuda.

Qué fácil es salirse del camino!!! Es que ahora funciona!!!

3 Me gusta

Igual que la de marzo, nos pondra en nuestro sitio.

Tampoco vienen mal estas hostias, para poner los pies en tierra y ver que el mercado tambien baja

2 Me gusta

“Cuando caerán las bolsas”

¿No será que todos estos que antes no invertían en empresas de este tipo porque “no invertían en lo que no conocían” se han dado cuenta del error que cometieron no invirtiendo en las FAANG y ahora simplemente se quieren subir a la próxima ola como todo hijo de vecino?
Si no, ¿que hace Buffet invirtiendo en Snowflake o Chowder en estas que se comentan en este hilo?

1 me gusta

Por dios, no me compares a Buffet con Chowder que me desorino. Ya solo por reputación, historial y recursos a su alcance. Además llevaba muchísimo Apple y ya había incorporado Amazon.
Esta nueva filosofía de Chowder a mi me descuadra bastante y me da la impresión que comentas de seguir las modas, pero espero que le vaya bien a él y a los que le siguen. Yo solo pido le pido a la vida que suba Telefónica :rofl:

13 Me gusta

No los comparo, sólo digo que hasta los grandes se pueden llevar dejar por las tendencias, o eso parece … Snowflake no es Apple, ni mucho menos Amazon.
Lo de TEF yo también estoy rezando a ver si se obra el milagro :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Me gusta

Bueno, sigo poniendo lo que hace en la cartera de su hijo, pero esta ya es para leer mientras se toman unas palomitas, y de aquí a 12-24 meses mirar qué ha pasado.
En estos momentos, la gestión que hace ya no es útil para quien está interesado en DGI.

"Young Folk Portfolio".

"I am making some changes in this portfolio tomorrow at the open.

In the taxable account, I am liquidating MMM … It currently has a 2.79% total return, capital gain dollars of $123 and provides $152.64 in annual dividends.

So, there is no tax loss, a very small tax gain and I rid myself of a company that has done poorly for me over the years.

I am adding to PTY (56 shares) to create some income. Then I am adding to a few companies that are currently up over 100% each in total return. I’m building on strength. The companies I will be adding to are LMT (4 shares), MA (3 shares), DE (2 shares) and JNJ (3 shares). … When I combine all of the dividends from these purchases it comes out to $152.44 so all I’m losing from current cash flow is 20 cents.

I am making moves in the Roth where I will take a dividend cut, but I’m looking to build my hyper growth positions.

I am liquidating CTAS, up 32.67%. … I am liquidating ACN, up 50.14%. … I am liquidating WM, up 9.09%.

I didn’t figure out the dividend loss because I’m not trying to replace it, I’m looking for hyper growth. So I am taking the proceeds from those 3 positions and putting them into more TSLA (5 shares) and starting a new position in ARKG (41 shares).

Going forward I will be looking to adding more TSLA and ARKG, those are my focus companies for 2021 in the Roth. In the taxable account, my focus will be on the 100% gainers, of which I have quite a few."

[…]

"I’m not investing backwards, I’m investing forwards. And keep in mind, people are not to follow me. They are to follow their own path, not mine. "

4 Me gusta

Por salsear un poco… Entonces MMM ahora no, pero a 240$ sí? :slight_smile:

5 Me gusta