Chowder

Sé que estoy muy pesado, pero es que aún estoy flipando que se metiera en el ARKG a esas valoraciones desde diciembre y que dijera que era su tesis de inversión para 2021.

Yo entiendo la estrategia de añadir a ganadores y que las fuertes suelen ser cada vez más, pero en las bios esto no funciona así, no se puede comparar con una empresa más “normal”, que pocas de esas tienen si quiera un producto en el mercado.

Además, de las empresas que llevaba en cartera hay varios precios objetivos (M*, Value Line…) con los que puedes tener una referencia, pero los precios de los analistas en estas bios son de risa en la mayoría, hay pocos buenos. Y si es que se ha creído el cuento de de Cathie, pues a su edad y con todas las millas que lleva, peor. Si no ha metido mucho puede ir añadiendo en los dips y a muy largo plazo le irá bien supongo; si no, Wood le hará un hijo de madera este año :sweat_smile:.

7 Me gusta

Ya no pongo prácticamente nada de lo que escribe.
Pero puedo asegurarte está 100% volcado en su nueva misión. De echo, en las caídas ha recortado ganancias de APPL, DE y demás para seguir metiendo en los ARK, criptos, etc.

Pero eso, no sirve para enseñar DGI y aquí no aporta a quien esté aprendiendo.

16 Me gusta

Pues sí, prefiero mil veces al Chowder “aburrido” de antes.

6 Me gusta

Un poco del Chowder de antes.

"Young People Food For Thought …

Although the Young Folk Portfolio is a growth and income portfolio, I did start with dividends and dividends will still be important moving forward.

There are people who will ask young people, why are you worried about dividends that you won’t need to spend for decades? … Then I ask why should young people be worried about capital gains that won’t be spent for decades?

People simply need to get their mind right.

I say why worry at all! I say manage those dividends to your advantage, which is something some people simply don’t get. My son has plenty of capital gains but all they are doing is sitting there and looking pretty. He won’t be spending them for decades, so why should he worry about capital gains? He also has a respectable amount of dividends coming in too but those dividends aren’t income, they are cash flow payments that are used to invest and help his portfolio grow.

Think about your 401k matches, there are funds coming from another source, your employer, one I refer to as a dividend machine. Those employer issued cash payments (like dividends) are used to invest and grow your portfolio. That’s what dividends are! They are cash payments from other sources to help you invest even more back into your portfolio, and the best part of it is, you do not have to sell something in order to generate cash which is what you have to do if you realize capital gains.

So as exciting as growth can be, be sure to have a healthy dose of dividends coming in. Dividend cash flow streams are a lot more reliable and predictable in times of market chaos than capital gains are. The market can take your capital gains away but not your dividend flows, and it’s the dividend flows I rely on in retirement. Keep your eye on the long term goal and build a balance between growth and income. I prefer a heavier dose of income personally."

[…]

"Today I was reviewing the Young Folk Portfolio as I will be making some purchases tomorrow and I’m looking at where I want to invest the money. I had recently changed the portfolio from primarily an income based portfolio to a growth and income portfolio since the portfolio was so far ahead of its income goals after 10 years.

I decided the Roth would be primarily growth and the taxable account primarily income. So the Roth is full of new positions and the taxable is mostly older positions.

The taxable account has 28 positions and of those, 12 of them are up triple digits. Only 4 are in the red, all 4 are new holdings, and the worst loss is 4.68%, hardly anything to be anxious about. So when I look at it, the portfolio is mostly green.

The Roth on the other hand, with mostly new positions is showing a lot of red. Of the 32 holdings in the Roth, 18 of them are in the red.

I started laughing when I saw that because a little over 10 years ago, when I was building the dividend income portfolio, almost every company I purchased at the time (2008-2009) turned red immediately after buying. The portfolio was a sea of red but I kept investing, I kept adding to positions every month like clockwork. Now that portfolio is a sea of green with many holdings up triple digits. That’s how I see the Roth today. Although there is a lot of red, it isn’t as much red as the portfolio showed back in 2008-2009 but here we are anyway, not far off from all-time highs.

With this in mind, I will keep managing the growth portion of the portfolio the same way I did the income portion. I will continue to add to positions on a monthly basis, or as cash is available, and I am confident that in time, the growth portion too will be a sea of green.

Both growth and income may fade, but they never go away. Stick with your plan, don’t allow others to scare you away. Stay focused on your goals and manage your portfolio accordingly."

1 me gusta

Nuevo hilo en Sillicon Investor

https://www.siliconinvestor.com/subject.aspx?subjectid=60218

Disruptive Innovation Portfolio …

ARKF - Fintach Innovation ETF
ARKG - Genomic Reveloution ETF
ARKK - Innovation ETF
ARKW - Next Generation Internet ETF
CHPT - ChargePoint Holdings, Inc.
CRM - Salesforce
CRSP - CRISPR Therapeutics
CRWD - CrowdStrike Holdings
GBTC - Grayscale Bitcoin Trust
HUYA - Huya, Inc. (depositary shares)
KTOS - Kratos Defense & Security
LIT - Global X Lithium & Battery Tech ETF
MARA - Marathon Digital Holdings
NIO - Nio Inc. (depositary shares)
NVTA - Invitae Corp.
OPEN -Opendoor Technologies
PACB - Pacific Biosciences of CA.
SBE*
PSTG - Pure Storage, Inc.
PSTH - Pershing Square Tontine Holdings, Ltd.
PYPL - PayPal Holdings, Inc.
QCLN - First Trust NASDAQ Clean Edge Energy Index Fund
ROKU - Roku, Inc.
SE - Sea Limited (depositary shares)
SKLZ - Skilz Inc.
SNOW -Snowflake Inc.
SQ - Square, Inc.
SURF - Surface Oncology, Inc.
TAN - Invesco Solar ETF
TDOC - Teladoc health, Inc.
TSLA - Tesla, Inc.
TWLO - Twilio Inc.
Z - Zillow Group, Inc.

SBE was in this portfolio the first of the year, it is now CHPT.

When I report tear to date results on the Disruptive Innovation Portfolio it will be on the companies above as I am measuring full year results.

Other companies purchased since the firt of the year …

ETHE - Grayscale Ethereum Tr.
IPOD - Social Capital Hedosophia Holdings Corp. IV Class
IPOE - Social Capital Hedosophia Holdings Corp. V Class
IPOF - Social Capital Hedosophia Holdings Corp. VI Class
LTCN - Grayscale Litecoin Tr.
STPK - Star Peak Energy Transition Corp.

The Cryptocurrency Portfolio …

BTC-USD - Bitcoin
ETH-USD - Ethereum
LTC-USD - Litecoin
ALGO - Algorand
AAVE - Aave
REN - Ren
ATOM - Cosmos

3 Me gusta

No se si es porque no estoy registrado pero el foro es horrible, no se ven las respuestas todas seguidas si no que tienes que ir pinchando de una en una como si fueran hilos diferentes.

Dale a “Next 10” o “Previous 10” y es algo mejor.

Ya ha anunciado cierra los blogs de Young folk and Old folk en S.A.

"Condition of the market.
It tells me how to invest in various industries/sectors and at what pace to add. If we’re in a bear market, that’s when I look to hold my dividends for reinvestment. I’ll wait on certain price points to enter.
In a bull market, I’m 100% invested, putting cash to work as quickly as it hits the portfolio, and I’ll buy in larger lots.

Condition of the market:
In a bull market I’ll add to companies that beat on earnings, revenue and raise guidance in the sectors that are favorable to investors at the time. With the investor momentum, I know prices are going higher so it doesn’t make sense to wait for prices to dip. It may take years to dip.
In a bear market I’ll look to undervalued companies that announce earnings and revenue beats.

Condition of the market:
In a bull market favoring momentum, I’ll add in $5k lots with each add on.
In a bear market, I’ll add just in $1k sized lots.

I did trim profits from dividend growth companies to purchase disruptive innovation companies because of the condition of the market. Those companies were in favor, especially crypto currency assets and I’m certainly tickled to death I did so. My bitcoin mining company MARA is up 360% year to date. … YEAR-TO-DATE!
My bitcoin portfolio is far excceeding the market year to date and I have been steadily adding to it on a monthly basis, in fact I purchased more bitcoin, ethereum and litecoin today.
I have not abandoned my dividend growth holdings, in fact over the past 30 days I have added to LMT … PG … KMB … CCI … DLR … IRM … KO … HD … PEP … DUK and SO. Just because I may sell or trim an asset doesn’t mean I won’t reestablish it or not add to it later, I do add actually.
Where some people here took profits and took their cash out of the market altogether, I simply locked in profits and took advantage of other sectors of the market based on the condition of the market."

[…]

“As you probably know, I almost always stay 100% invested and if I am going to continue growing my positions I have to rely on capital gains and dividends. If there aren’t enough dividends to do a lot of investing I have to rely on capital gains.
A number of years ago I purchased some books on how the top mutual fund managers went about managing their portfolios and although they all had various investing strategies, one portfolio management tactic they all had in common was that they used capital gains from companies in sectors out of favor to add to companies in favor and then when the momentum shifted they went back to adding to the companies they earlier took gains in. We see market rotation all the time on CNBC.
Every day Cathie Woods of Ark Invest posts the buy and sell decisions made in each of their funds and I see them trimming positions and buying them back all the time. Some people will argue that they have to in order to maintain a certain position size or meet redemptions and then put incoming money back to work. Who cares what the reason is, what matters is the intent to manage the portfolio properly to massage overall portfolio performance.
The condition of the market was so obvious to me at the time that I said the market is screaming for me to make those moves. I made them and now I am slowly buying back what I used to take advantage of that market rotation.
If I didn’t take gains I wouldn’t have the triple digit cryptocurrency gains that I have year to date. I still like PG … KMB … LMT, etc. so why wouldn’t I want to add back to them? It didn’t make sense to me to use some restrictive self-imposed tactic of not selling something for the greater good and then not come back to strengthening the foundation once again.”

7 Me gusta

Ese es mi Chowder! :+1:

7 Me gusta

¿Esto es eso del market timing sustentado de base en el nadar y guardar la ropa?

Un saludo.

1 me gusta

Imagino que se debe a que fue trader. Sabe que usando el técnico y el momento del mercado se puede rascar algo más si mantiene un core de la posición pero va tradeando con una parte. Es parecido a usar las opciones para sacar un extra.

Yo no suelo hacerlo en las de dividendos pero en posiciones grandes cuando es medio claro se puede conseguir un 10% con una parte en no mucho tiempo sin mucho riesgo. Eso sí, hay que tener experiencia para hacerlo con más garantías de éxito.

Al final la cabra siempre tira al monte.

5 Me gusta

Este hombre va al revés del mundo!?
Cuando todo está en máximos, el está 100% invertido. Y la gente guardado liquidez para cuando en algún momento esto caiga…

3 Me gusta

Si no lo estoy traduciendo mal (mi inglés está bastante enmohecido), Chowder explica que cuando necesita $ para comprar acciones que están interesantes para él, vende títulos que se le han revalorizado mucho.

Con la aclaración de que ya los volverá a comprar cuando se vuelvan a “poner a tiro”.
:clap: :clap: :clap: …Pues, sin yo saber que estaba copiando a Chowder, es lo que he hecho yo más de una vez :innocent: :innocent: :innocent:

5 Me gusta

Bienvenido al club de “marcate un Chowder”

Yo lo he hecho y tengo que hacerlo ya que tengo la mayor parte de liquidez invertida, no veo problema mas alla del tipico baja la que compro y sube la que vendo. Cambio de cromos no, yo hago estas operaciones o por oportunidades en alguna de mis empresas core o bien porque la empresa que compro tiene mas calidad que la que vendo o aumento el dividendo.

En la mayoria esto se cumple, pero tambien me he quedado sin alguna empresa porque no ha vuelto a ponerse a tiro y se ha puesto a subir como loca, 2 ejemplos, MCD y MSFT, no he podido volver a entrar.

5 Me gusta

Comentarios de Chowder sobre T, en s.a…bastante identificado con lo que dice.
"Entonces, tienes que decidir qué eres. ¿Un inversor a corto plazo? ¿Un inversor solo de ingresos? ¿Un inversor a largo plazo? ¿O algo intermedio? Cuando decida quién y qué es, su decisión en el futuro debería ser mucho más fácil.
En mi caso, estoy sosteniendo T por ahora. En el futuro, cuando se complete la mudanza, en las carteras populares más jóvenes que administre, mantendré ambas compañías. En las carteras populares más antiguas que administro, me quedaré con T y venderé la nueva empresa y luego usaré esos ingresos para invertir en otro activo que genere ingresos. La clave es saber qué es lo que está tratando de lograr, no todos comparten los mismos objetivos"

8 Me gusta

Alguien citaba que, al menos T ofrecía esta posibilidad, creo que @ciguatanejo. Me parece que es de agredecer. Ojala otras reconocieran el error.
Alarmas? no bussiness.

¿Por que los que invertís por dividendos no invertís en CEFs? Le estaba dando vueltas y hay unos cuantos que como muchas acciones ofrecen un 4, 5 o 6% de yield pero además una buena apreciación de capital y quiero saber si hay truco. Me parece que si inviertes por divs tienes que ir a por acciones que den >4 o 5% mínimo, ya que se supone que inviertes solo por los divs, y normalmente la apreciación del capital de estas acciones es nula, luego están las que dan entre 0-2% yield que por mucho que crezca su dividendo no les veo ningún sentido para la gente que simplemente quiere los dividendos, no vas a coger un 6% ni en 30 años, casi que esas acciones las puedes considerar como acciones growth que no pagan dividendo (aquí me puedo columpiar porque se puede dar el caso de que compraras alguna acción como Apple y lleves un yoc del 10% además de haberse apreciado de lo lindo), de esto hablaba un poco Chowder el otro día. La foto que pongo es una acción dando un 2% y aumentando el div un 10%!! cada uno de los 26 años, la coge en último de todos pero mientras tanto el naranja ha estado cobrando. Otra cosa es que tengas el dedo de oro y 40 años por delante y escojas una acción que va a subir el dividendo dobles dígitos sin parar durante varios años, y que se apreciará, aunque esto último tiene correlación con subir en dobles dígitos así que no sería tan difícil en mi opinión.

Entonces, podría ser que con los CEFs se consigan ambas cosas, un buen dividendo y además apreciación del capital? Que pensáis de todo en general.

1 me gusta

Según Google no es buena idea:
Should I buy closed-end funds?
Generally speaking, investing in closed-end funds offers much higher income potential but can result in significant price volatility, lower total returns, less predictable dividend growth, and the potential for more surprises.
De todas formas, la mejor manera de invertir es una mezcla de varios instrumentos. Los CEFs son bastante populares entre los inversores americanos para hacer una cartera de “income”.

DVK ya hizo algún analisis sobre la inversion en CEFs. Por mi parte nunca lo he mirado, estudiado y por tanto por ahira no he entrado. Tampoco lo descarto.

En SA, hay gente que da ideas de carteras con asignacion de capital a los CEF.

Young Folk Portfolio update as of 5/28/21.

Portfolio Objective: $3 Million … Income Objective: $120k/year … 40 years … $500/mo. contribution.

This portfolio is into its 12th year and to be on schedule for the 40 year objectives the portfolio needs to have the following numbers to be on schedule:

Portfolio Balance: $221,342
Annual Dividends for end of 2021: $3,226

Here is where the portfolio stands:

Portfolio balance … $298,175
Annual dividends … $6,830
Portfolio yield … 2.29%
Holdings … 60
Beta … 0.81

The portfolio is well ahead of schedule.

Ticker … Market Value … Gain or Loss … % of account

ADP … $9,408 … +251.5% … 3.2%
DE … $8,602 … +241.5% … 2.9%
TGT … $10,243 … +229.3% … 3.4%

DG … $7,805 … +176.8% … 2.6%
SYY … $4,445 … +166.6% … 1.5%
LOW … $5,234 … +160.1% … 1.8%
MA … $6,521 … +149.8% … 2.2%
CAT … $4,528 … +147.6% … 1.5%
MCD … $10,706 … +139.6% … 3.6%
LMT … $10,546 … +126.1% … 3.5%
JNJ … $9,380 … +118.8% … 3.1%
NSC … $6,988 … +118.8% … 2.3%
NKE … $6,865 … +115.3% … 2.3%
COST … $3,373 … +112.8% … 1.1%
ABT … $8,148 … +109.4% … 2.7%
UNP … $4,724 … +103.6% … 1.6%
SBUX … $6,375 … +100.7% … 2.1%

HD … $8,397 … +89.2% … 2.8%
KO … $7,873 … +88.1% … 2.6%
CL … $3,822 … +83.6% … 1.3%
MKC … $5,101 … +79.0% … 1.7%
PEP … $7,670 … +71.5% … 2.6%
NEE … $6,514 … +67.0% … 2.2%
GIS … $6,885 … +50.6% … 2.3%

SO … $7,766 … +48.0% … 2.6%
AWK … $2,962 … +43.3% … 1.0%
KMB … $5,844 … +40.9% … 2.0%
O … $6,079 … +39.0% … 2.0%
ETHE … $3,958 … +32.1% … 1.3%
SE … $2,026 … +30.7% … 0.7%
D … $5,439 … +28.8% … 1.8%
VZ … $5,631 … +27.9% … 1.9%
IRM … $3,353 … +23.0% … 1.1%
CCI … $2,843 … +22.8% … 1.0%
DUK … $5,792 … +18.1% … 1.9%
DLR … $3,031 … +15.1% … 1.0%
PTY … $7,857 … +14.3% … 2.6%
UTG … $4,323 … +6.2% … 1.4%
IPOE … $1,652 … +5.8% … 0.6%
CSQ … $3,245 … +5.6% … 1.1%
PG … $5,799 … +4.4% … 1.9%
ARKW … $2,615 … +3.4% … 0.9%
ARKK … $2,466 … +1.6% … 0.8%
ROKU … $2,080 … +1.6% … 0.7%
ARKX … $1,101 … +0.4% … 0.4%
TWLO … $1,344 … +0.2% … 0.5%

AIO … $5,699 … -0.2% … 1.9%
PYPL … $2,860 … -1.9% … 1.0%
PSTH … $1,005 … -4.4% … 4.4%
SQ … $2,448 … -6.2% … 0.8%
LTCN … $1,946 … -6.6% … 0.7%
NEP … $2,802 … -7.5% … 0.9%
TSLA … $10,004 … -7.7% … 3.4%

ARKG … $7,521 … -18.4% … 2.5%
COIN … $946 … -24.1% … 0.3%
CHPT … $1,412 … -25.9% … 0.5%
GBTC … $1,904 … -26.8% … 0.6%
IPOF … $294 … - 28.0% … 0.1%
IPOD … $274 … - 30.8% … 01.%
NIO … $1,699 … -30.9% … 0.6%

On Tuesday, June 1 IPOE will be trading under the symbol SOFI as their partnership with
So-Fi has been approved. The new symbol will show up in the next update.

1 me gusta