Amgen Inc, (AMGN)

Amgen Inc. has offered to purchase up to 10 Billion USD of its outstanding common stock through a Dutch Auction tender offer.

The terms of the offer are as follows (subject to proration):

Minimum bid: 175.00 USD
Maximum bid: 200.00 USD
Accepted bid increment: 1.00 USD

The below options are available to a shareholder:

Option 1 - Take no action

Option 2 - Tender shares at No Specified Price (NSP), less any applicable withholding taxes

Option 3 - Tender shares at Bid Price, less any applicable withholding taxes

Holders wishing to tender their shares at a minimum bid price should make an election under the No Specified Price option, as such an election will be deemed to have been tendered at the minimum bid price.

In order to submit shares at a bid price, shareholders should click on the Change link on the applicable choice line below. This will navigate the user to a new box where both the share quantity and applicable bid price should be entered.

Odd lot priority: No

Conditional Tender Offered: Yes
Conditional Tender Terms: Holder may tender with the condition that a minimum share amount is accepted by the offeror. Shareholders whose shares are conditionally tendered must have tendered all their shares.

Should a holder wish to make a conditional tender instruction, a ticket must be submitted to Customer Service stating the minimum quantity to be accepted. Failure to do so will result in the election being processed with no conditions.

Guaranteed Delivery: Yes
Last day to purchase shares and be eligible to tender: 2018-03-05

The deadline to submit shares to the offer will be 2018-03-05 @ 13:00 (America/New_York).

In the absence of an election, no action will be taken

Hola,

Le he estado echando un ojo. Este es el historial de dividendos de su web:

http://investors.amgen.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=61656&p=irol-dividends

Y aquí el gráfico de evolución del dividendo de Dividend Channel:

Un incremento de casi el 23% anualizado.

El “problema” para mi es el sector. Os he leído más de una vez de que las biotecnológicas son bastante impredecibles. ¿Alguien la lleva? ¿Opiniones? ¿Apta para largo plazo o más para buscar revalorización?

Hace unos días comentaban que era una de las empresas que mejor habían aguantado las turbulencias en los últimos años:

https://foro.cazadividendos.com/t/empresas-que-menos-cayeron-en-la-crisis/1997/4

Y la gráfica parece corroborarlo:

Estas operaciones son interesantes. Básicamente porque las empresa te está diciendo que sus acciones están baratas desde su punto de vista. El sector de la biotecnología y concretamente las tres grandes ( Amgen, Gild y Biogen) se encuentran a unos precios atractivos en este momento.

1 me gusta

¿Estamos ante el próximo “superventas” de Amgen?

Amgen Announces First Clinical Data Evaluating Novel Investigational KRASG12C Inhibitor AMG 510 At ASCO 2019

Amgen (AMGN) is up in early trade on heels of positive, but not overwhelming, data from a Phase 1 clinical trial evaluating KRAS inhibitor AMG 510 in patient with locally-advanced or metastatic KRASG12C -mutant solid tumors. The results were presented at ASCO in Chicago.

In 10 evaluable patients, five showed partial responses (50% response rate) while four experienced stable cancer implying a 90% (n=9/10) disease control rate.

The safety profile was favorable.

The company will host a webcast this evening at 7:30 pm ET to discuss the data presented during the conference.

2 Me gusta

Amgen Reports Second Quarter 2019 Financial Results (30/07/2019)

• Total revenues decreased 3% to $5.9 billion in comparison to the second quarter of 2018 reflecting increasing competition due to patent expirations.
  • GAAP earnings per share (EPS) increased 3% to $3.57 benefited by lower weighted-average shares outstanding.
  • Non-GAAP EPS increased 4% to $3.97 benefited by lower weighted-average shares outstanding.
  • Non-GAAP operating income decreased 5% to $3.0 billion and non-GAAP operating margin decreased 1.8 percentage points to 53.3%.
  • The Company generated $1.3 billion of free cash flow in the second quarter versus $1.9 billion in the second quarter of 2018 driven primarily by an advanced tax deposit payment.
  • 2019 total revenues guidance revised to $22.4-$22.9 billion; EPS guidance to $12.10-$12.71 on a GAAP basis and $13.75-$14.30 on a non-GAAP basis.

2019 Guidance

For the full year 2019, the Company now expects:

• Total revenues in the range of $22.4 billion to $22.9 billion.
    • Previously, the Company expected total revenues in the range of $22.0 billion to $22.9 billion.
  • On a GAAP basis, EPS in the range of $12.10 to $12.71 and a tax rate in the range of 13% to 14%.
    • Previously, the Company expected GAAP EPS in the range of $11.68 to $12.73 and a tax rate in the range of 13% to 14%.
  • On a non-GAAP basis, EPS in the range of $13.75 to $14.30 and a tax rate in the range of 14% to 15%.
    • Previously, the Company expected non-GAAP EPS in the range of $13.25 to $14.30 and a tax rate in the range of 14% to 15%.
  • Capital expenditures to be approximately $700 million.
1 me gusta
4 Me gusta

Toma ya, pierdo por BMY, que el mercado no se lo ha tomado mal, y gano por AMGN, que elmercado tampoco se lo toma mal. Todo queda en casa.

Que movidito esta el sector farmas.

2 Me gusta

Buen valor, y buena oportunidad de compra por debajo de 170$

1 me gusta

Amgen Reports Third Quarter 2019 Financial Results (29/10/2019)

• Total revenues decreased 3% to $5.7 billion in comparison to the third quarter of 2018, reflecting the impact of biosimilar and generic competition against key products.
    • Although product sales declined 1% globally, units grew double digits or better for Prolia® (denosumab), Repatha® (evolocumab), Aimovig® (erenumab-aooe), Parsabiv® (etelcalcetide), KYPROLIS® (carfilzomib) and BLINCYTO® (blinatumomab).
  • GAAP earnings per share (EPS) increased 14% to $3.27 benefited by lower weighted-average shares outstanding and higher operating income.
    • GAAP operating income increased 7% to $2.5 billion and GAAP operating margin increased 3.1 percentage points to 45.3%.
  • Non-GAAP EPS decreased 1% to $3.66 as a result of lower revenue, offset partially by lower weighted-average shares outstanding.
    • Non-GAAP operating income decreased 6% to $2.8 billion and non-GAAP operating margin decreased 2.8 percentage points to 51.1%.
  • The Company generated $3.2 billion of free cash flow in the third quarter of 2019 versus $3.1 billion in the third quarter of 2018.
  • 2019 total revenues guidance revised to $22.8-$23.0 billion; EPS guidance to $12.50-$12.80 on a GAAP basis and $14.20-$14.45 on a non-GAAP basis. This guidance excludes the impact of the Otezla® (apremilast) acquisition.
  • The Company expects the Otezla acquisition to close before the end of the fourth quarter.

2019 Guidance

• Total revenues in the range of $22.8 billion to $23.0 billion.
    • Previously, the Company expected total revenues in the range of $22.4 billion to $22.9 billion.
  • On a GAAP basis, EPS in the range of $12.50 to $12.80 and a tax rate in the range of 13% to 14%.
    • Previously, the Company expected GAAP EPS in the range of $12.10 to $12.71 and a tax rate in the range of 13% to 14%.
  • On a non-GAAP basis, EPS in the range of $14.20 to $14.45 and a tax rate in the range of 14% to 15%.
    • Previously, the Company expected non-GAAP EPS in the range of $13.75 to $14.30 and a tax rate in the range of 14% to 15%.
  • Capital expenditures to be approximately $650 million.
  • 2019 Guidance does not include the Otezla acquisition which is expected to close by the end of the fourth quarter.
1 me gusta

Fourth Quarter And Full Year 2019 Financial Results (30/01/2020)

• For the fourth quarter, total revenues decreased 1% to $6.2 billion in comparison to the fourth quarter of 2018, reflecting the impact of biosimilar and generic competition against select products.
    • Product sales declined 2% globally, while units grew double digits or better for Repatha® (evolocumab), Parsabiv® (etelcalcetide), BLINCYTO® (blinatumomab), Aimovig® (erenumab-aooe), Prolia® (denosumab), Nplate® (romiplostim) and Vectibix® (panitumumab).
  • For the full year, total revenues decreased 2% to $23.4 billion, with product sales decreasing 1%.
  • GAAP earnings per share (EPS) decreased 5% to $2.85 in the fourth quarter driven by higher operating expenses, offset partially by lower weighted-average shares outstanding. GAAP EPS increased 2% to $12.88 for the full year driven by lower weighted-average shares outstanding, offset partially by lower operating income.
    • For the fourth quarter, GAAP operating income decreased 14% to $2.0 billion and GAAP operating margin decreased 4.9 percentage points to 34.8%. For the full year, GAAP operating income decreased 6% to $9.7 billion and GAAP operating margin decreased 1.9 percentage points to 43.6%.
  • Non-GAAP EPS increased 6% in the fourth quarter to $3.64 and 3% to $14.82 for the full year benefited by lower weighted-average shares outstanding. The increase for the full year was offset partially by lower operating income.
    • For the fourth quarter, non-GAAP operating income decreased 4% to $2.6 billion and non-GAAP operating margin decreased 0.7 percentage points to 44.6%. For the full year, non-GAAP operating income decreased 6% to $11.2 billion and non-GAAP operating margin decreased 2.4 percentage points to 50.2%.
  • The Company generated $8.5 billion of free cash flow for the full year versus $10.6 billion in 2018.
  • 2020 total revenues guidance of $25.0-$25.6 billion; EPS guidance of $10.85-$11.65 on a GAAP basis and $14.85-$15.60 on a non-GAAP basis.

Hoy he aprovechado un viaje en avión para leerme el segundo libro de @davidblanco y me ha gustado mucho el análisis de sectores que suelen descartar como los bancos o las biotecnológicas.

https://www.amazon.es/Aprende-invertir-sabiduría-Secretos-inversión-ebook/dp/B07M5YHYT7/ref=la_B077GPFS8V_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1582121384&sr=1-2

@davidblanco recomendaba, probablemente no es el verbo más acertado, las grandes biotecnológicas como Amgen, Gilead o Biogen sin entrar a valorar su pipeline ya que son las únicas que se pueden permitir desarrollar la fase 3 del proceso de aprobación de un medicamento y siempre pueden comprar las investigaciones de biotecnológicas más pequeñas.

He mirado en Seeking Alpha y aunque tiene un historial corto de aumento de dividendo, sólo 8 años, este es alto aunque se ve que se va reduciendo.

Respecto del precio, a 222$ está mas cerca del maximo de 52 semanas, 245$, que del mínimo, 166$.

Mirando el yield, veo que está a 2,9% que es un valor por encima de la media de 4 años, 2,70%.

¿que opinais?

3 Me gusta

A mi la empresa es, de las biotecnologicas, la que mas me gusta.

Entrar? Pues posiblemente si, esta muy cerca de mi limite de RPD del 3%, pero si pegara un zarpazo por debajo de los 210 o estirando un poco mas, por debajo de 200 yo no lo dudaria, entraria en mi cartera si o si, pero es mi opinion personal, no es una recomendacion

1 me gusta

Un 6% abajo, por resultados mixtos en un ensayo clinico de un producto para el fa llo cardiaco.

En resumen, exito en el endpoint primario, fallo CV y muerte, siendo la diferencia estadisticamente significativa frente a placebo.

Sin embargo no consigue diferencias estadisticamente significativas en el endpoint secundario

A casi 241$ no es una ganga pero tampoco es descartable

1 me gusta

Y sigue cayendo, ahora mismo está llegando cerca de mi precio promedio de 233,62 $

Mientras mantenga su trayectoria de dividendos…ya podría “tocar” el 222 :upside_down_face:

1 me gusta

Mi precio medio esta un poquito mas arriba que el tuyo, pero me suscribo a los 3 patitos :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

https://dailytradealert.com/2020/11/13/high-quality-dividend-growth-stock-for-november-amgen-amgn/

4 Me gusta
2 Me gusta
3 Me gusta